Sunday, October 26, 2008

One step forward, two steps back....

Ask any parent that has experienced the NICU and they will tell you that it's always a roller coaster. A roller coaster of emotions, feelings, events, illnesses, high, lows, etc. You have really good days and then you have just stinky ones. Yesterday was an extreme peak on our roller coaster in the NICU and we are so thankful. Today our roller coaster took a little dip or detour and we are praying that God gets us uphill again very soon. Morgan Kate's oxygen ranged from 43% - 47%. Once she reached 47% they decided to put her back on the bubble CPAP. I know...very disappointing. They tried leaving her in the crib with the CPAP because her temperature was fine. Unfortunately, the CPAP was pulling too much on her face and Morgan Kate had to be moved back to the incubator. Clothes off, only diaper. 

I'm sure some of you are saying, "Now, Heather, it could be worse." I realize this. I know we are very fortunate, very blessed and we have so much to be thankful for. However, it's still been a rough day. 

Tonight I pray that God gives all of us strength, especially Morgan Kate. I pray that he continues to heal Morgan Kate's lungs and that her lungs will begin to mature. It breaks my heart that she struggles so much with something most of us do so effortlessly...breathe.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be discouraged! This is just a small hiccup on your journey. You have to continue to have faith and keep your head up and everything will be fine. I feel very confident that she will be back in her big girl bed soon! You will continue to be in our prayers.
The Herrings

Anonymous said...

We are thinking of you... Morgan Kate is such a little fighter! Thanks for posting those pictures, she is just so beatiful (like her Mommy)!
Love, Raven

Anonymous said...

oops...I meant beautiful! :)

Deni said...

I have been praying for you daily since I came across your blog! I want you to know, that I have been there, the roller coaster that is the NICU! My ride with my son was (and still often is) super hard. He was on and off CPAP several times before finally being move to a cannula because the CPAP had hurt his nose and forhead. I swore he would never breath on his own and finally one day, I have it to God and the very next day, he was off everything helping him to breath! Know that there are others that understand and I am so glad to see you having such faith in God!!! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Oh shoot Heather. I hated to hear it was back to the dreaded CPAP. Don't fret, maybe she just needs a little boost. Maybe breathing treatments or steroids would do the trick. I will be home Mon.and Tues. if you want to talk. She will be back in the bassinet and back in your arms very soon I pray. Try to get some rest. Love,Erin

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. Days like yesterday help get you through days like today. I pray Morgan Kate has a good night and is back in your arms soon. Please let me know if I can help in any way. Remember that I'm just down the hall...love you, Laura

Anonymous said...

The new pictures are too cute! Morgan Kate is always precious, but I love the clothes! I can't wait to check the blog in the a.m. and I hope it's good news. Hang in there...Morgan Kate will continue fighting :)Love y'all!

Jessa

Anonymous said...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, and will bring you back from captivity." ~ Jeremiah 29:11-14 ~ As long as God, who knows the future, provides our agenda and goes with us as we fulfill his mission,we can have boundless hope. This does not mean we will be spared pain, suffering,or hardship, but that God will see us through to a Glorious Conclusion! Be encouraged and have a blessed day in the Lord!

God Bless, Amy

Anonymous said...

Hey!
We are praying that Morgan Kate's lungs will move ahead by a miracle of God. I love the new pictures. Can't wait until the day I can get my hands on her! She is absolutely perfect. We love you! Aunt Terry

Anonymous said...

I know you are hurting. My hope is that the steriods will allow her little body to rest and build up strength. She is a fighter!!!! We know that and we know where she got that trait from. Keep the faith.
Wendy Stoudemire and family