Wednesday, December 24, 2008

After spending a few hours running errands shopping for Morgan Kate yesterday morning, I came home to the most precious sight. Definitely melted my heart!
Our appointment with Dr. G went well. Morgan Kate weighed in at eight pounds and three ounces. Dr. G said she looked and sounded terrific. While we were there Morgan Kate was wide awake and making all sorts of noises. She did a great job and didn't cry at all. We have decided to keep everything the same right now - same meds, same amount of food, same feeding times, etc. We go back Tuesday to see her again.

Morgan Kate had a good night. She slept a lot better and was only awake during her feedings. Speaking of feedings. Yesterday she took five bottles and was only tube fed during the night. Since 4:30 this morning she has taken a bottle at every feed. She has done a fabulous job and finished each bottle in about twenty minutes and sometimes less. It's crazy how it seems to have just "clicked". I pray that this continues. Tube feeding is no fun at all.

After fussing for ten hours, laying in the crib, time in the swing, countless times in the rocking chair, an after hour call to the pediatrician and an additional medicine for reflux we are all exhausted. Today has been "not so good". Morgan Kate has been up since 8:30 this morning and has only taken a few cat naps (10-15 minutes) here and there. She has been extremely fussy and seems like she is in pain. Travis and I both think it's her reflux acting up. We have tried everything. We just gave her a dose of her new medicine and she is now in the swing with nothing on but a diaper. As I am typing she is starting to cry again...

I hope everyone has had a great Christmas Eve and will have a very Merry Christmas. My dad's entire side of the family is at my grandma's eating dinner at this very moment. I have done that for twenty eight years and this is my first Christmas Eve away - however, for very good reason. I hope everyone is eating lots of ham and oyster dressing. Enjoy! (Oh, and I hope you guys save us a few wreath cookies!) I guess Morgan Kate is trying to stay awake so that she can meet Santa. I have tried telling her that Santa knows when she is sleeping and knows when she's awake. We will see how it all works out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!!! I hope Christmas morning finds you rested. I am so glad things are clicking. Be proud of yourself. You are doing GREAT!!!!
All my love,
Wendy Stoudemire and family

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to the 3 of you!! I know Santa will be good to MK because she has been such a good girl in her 4 short months. I hope ya'll have a good night & a very good day tomorrow. I will be looking for her first Christmas pictures soon.

Love you!

Jackie

Monica said...

Merry Christmas! I just know that Santa is going to be so good to you all.
Much Love,
Monica

Anonymous said...

That picture is precious.Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Good Night. I know your family misses you, Travis and Morgan Kate for that Christmas Eve Celebration but they will be waiting for next year when you all will be there to celebrate. We will continue to pray for that reflux to go away and not bother her little tummy. You, Travis and Morgan Kate are doing Great. Love you, Travis and Morgan Kate. Until we see you again.

Love,

Aunt Jan and MaMa