Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It's funny how things change so in just one year. Last New Year's Eve all we could think about was how much we wanted a little one. Yes, we were extremely happy together, just the two of us, but we were so ready (beyond ready) to expand our little family. Now, in just twelve months we are complete! We have our little bundle of joy and our hearts feel content. It's amazing how God works!


2008: Year in Review in Numbers
I have one amazing husband. He is my strength, my support, and the love of my life. He knows just when I need a hug or even some space. He is a tremendous help. Who am I kidding? He does it all, I help out. Hee, hee. He is not only an amazing husband, but an extraordinary daddy. I love seeing him with my our little girl.

I have also only been able to work one day since the school year began. Yikes!

2
I have been blessed with two terrific parents. They are my biggest cheerleaders and give more support and encouragement than you have ever seen. And I know they love me unconditionally and love Travis as if he was theirs.  

I also have two pretty awesome brothers. One who cooks a pretty mean spaghetti and the other who can fix anything, and I mean anything.

And we have two fur babies, Lola and Cash, who tug at our heart strings as well. 

4
Our little miracle, Morgan Kate, has been with us for four months. Four months, can you believe that? In those four months we have seen some pretty frightening things, but we have also witnessed things most people will never have the opportunity to see. We have been truly blessed with this gift and we treasure every moment with her (even if it's 4am and she is screaming).

6 
If my memory serves me correct six is the number of surgeries that occurred this year in my family (extended family as well). I may be off by one or even two. 

7
My family and I spent seven glorious days at Folly Beach this past summer. It's as close to heaven as you can get!

8
Morgan Kate "lived" in Room 8 while in the NICU. We will never forget room 8 or the wonderful people there. 

10
I spent ten days in the hospital back in August. Six were before Morgan Kate made her debut and four were after she was born.

13
Travis and I have rung in the New Year together for the past thirteen years. 

18
It is exactly eighteen miles from our house to Baptist, one way.

26
I was pregnant with Morgan Kate for 26 weeks, well actually, twenty five weeks and four days to be exact. 

41
Travis and I have been married for forty-one months and each one has been so very special.

66
Morgan Kate takes 66ccs of formula every three to four hours.

107 
We spent 107 days in the NICU.

236 
It's exactly 236 steps from the parking garage on Sumter Street to the NICU - according to Travis' footsteps.

COUNTLESS
We have been blessed with countless family members and friends who have been so loving, so supportive, and so encouraging to us this past year. Your warm words, kind thoughts and faithful prayers have meant the world to us. You all will never know how fortunate we feel to have each of you in our lives.


I wish everyone a new year full of love, hope, happiness and faith.
Happy New Year everyone! Happy New Year!













9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year's Heather, Travis, & Morgan Kate!!! What an amazing year this has been for you all. I'm at Baptist at this very moment thinking of the 3 of you. I sure do miss seeing you. I hope you have a wonderful new year and make tons of great memories with your sweet angel! Here's to little angels that melt your heart and change our lives forever!!! love you, Laura J.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!
I loved the review in numbers... I already new you had one great husband, two great parents and brothers, plus the cutest baby ever... but I had no idea you and Trav have spent the last 13 New Year's together. Crazy how time flies. That's really cool.
Okay, just wanted to tell you I love you guys and hope that 2009 is just as full of blessings as 2008 was. love you, Julie

Hollie Heming said...

Wonder what kind of numbers this year will bring? Why didn't you count the number of diapers you've changed? haha...that number is never ending :). Love you and hope you all have a wonderful New Year!

Anonymous said...

We have been so blessed this past 2008. It was great in 2008.You, Travis and Morgan Kate are one amazing family. God is one Awesome God. You, Travis and Morgan Kate are very special. We Love you. Hope 2009 is a Fabulous year. Until we see you again....

Love,

Aunt Jan and MaMa

Monica said...

You are too funny! That was a wonderful year in review! Hhhmmmmm, maybe I'll sit down and make up my own list. Wow, I can only imagine the numbers that I could come up with. I do know that I have had the blessing of meeting and getting to know one pretty amazing friend, you! I am so thrilled for you and Travis and Morgan Kate. This will be a wonderful year. Happy New Year, my friend. I miss you.

Anonymous said...

It has been one life changing year for your family! But, I thank God for all of it because I truely believe that he placed these challenges and blessings with a family that he knew was strong enough in faith, bountiful enough in love and rich enough in friendship to handle anything in this life. I wake up each day now logging on to the computer to see the most beautiful little face in the world and it makes my week, my day and even that moment special because, in a way, she's in it! Here's to all the wonderful things we get to look forward to in 2009! Happy New Year! Love you all - Raven

THE SPIVEY"S said...

Happy New Year to the Callahan Family from the Spivey Family. With a new year ahead of us, just think of all the new adventures we will get to witness. How amazing life is.

Terry Sowell said...

Happy New Year! Uncle B says we see your 13 and double you! Does that mean Morgan was a baby the first New Year's you and Trav spent together??? I don't have any idea how my baby grew up so quickly. As soon as Morgan Kate is able, we are going to have a girls retreat!!! I think it would be a great way to celebrate all of our blessings! 2008 was an interesting year for all of us. On the heals of Morgan Kate's birth, I lost 2 of the best friends I have ever had, one to death and one to a move. Thanks to cell phones at least I can stay in touch with the friend who moved. I am praying for all of us that 2009 will bring health and happiness for all of us. I am also praying that God will allow us to honor Him in greater ways than ever before. We have much to look forward to! We hope to see Morgan Kate dedicated, and Maggie will be a senior in high school. Who knows what other surprises we may have! Life is precious, and I am thankful for all of my blessings! I am very thankful for your precious family! Love and blessings! Aunt Terry

The Leviners said...

Happy 1st New Year, Morgan Kate! We love you!
Melissa and Sam