Sunday, June 7, 2009

This past week I have been a terrible blogger. I just looked back and I only posted twice. What have I been doing?

We have had a great week. Not too busy, lots of pajama time and hanging out with friends. All in all, a very nice week.

We have also been working on nap time. And I am very proud to say that Morgan Kate is now napping in her crib. Most of the time. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE holding her, especially during nap time. During this time I get to gaze at her and look at her precious face as much as I want to and as long as I want to. I get to kiss on her little arms and legs and I get to feel her take her tiny breaths. Nap time is probably one of my favorite times of the day. I have several. However, I realized that we weren't going to always be home during nap time and that I may eventually leave her for a few hours - maybe - and someone else will have to handle nap time. So last Sunday we worked on napping in the crib. We even started a little routine. I took her in her room, closed the blinds, changed her diaper, hooked up her monitor, placed her in the crib with her "lovie", started the mobile and closed the door. After about ten minutes she was out. I think the mobile was the trick. She LOVES her mobile. Anyway, she napped in her crib on and off all week and did fabulous. Yesterday she napped for a full two hours in her crib. It's funny though. I'm glad we have established some sort of routine and I am glad she likes her crib, but I do miss her. Even for those few short hours. The minute she wakes up I run in to scoop her up and love on her. I just can't get enough!

Not only have we been working on nap time, but we have been working on sitting up as well. MK wants to sit up so bad and she can now do it for about five seconds unsupported. I know it's going to come and it's going to come fast. It's amazing how one day they won't do it at all and the next day it just clicks. Babies are so fascinating! 

No comments: