Tuesday, November 10, 2009


Prematurity Awareness Month Fact #10:
November 17 is dedicated to raising awareness of the crisis of premature birth. The March of Dimes invites bloggers like you to get involved.
• Learn about premature birth at marchofdimes.com/fightforpreemies
• Put a badge on your blog during November, Prematurity Awareness Month® (visit March of Dimes website for badges)
• On November 17, blog for a baby you love and to help others

We need to fight ― because babies shouldn’t have to.

I hope that all of you will join me on November 17th, next Tuesday, and blog about a premature baby you love!

--------------------
Be sure to take a long look at the picture above. It may be the last "new" picture of Morgan Kate that you see for a few weeks. I posted this picture last Friday, only hours before my camera took the "dive". A little, tiny, two foot munchkin saw the camera strap dangling from the computer table. She did a sneaky crawl straight for the strap, tugged hard and the camera fell to the ground. Hard. The body of the camera is perfectly fine, but something is terribly wrong with the lens. Something is rattling around inside and it doesn't work at all. At all. Of course I was really sad because my camera is one of my most prized material possessions, but I couldn't be angry. I looked down and saw these big blue eyes looking back and then what do you really do. I mean she didn't know it would break. Thankfully, when we purchased our camera we also purchased a service plan which included accidental damage. Whewh! So tomorrow I will take my most precious camera and it will be shipped off for about two weeks. What am I going to do? Maybe I will resort to using the video camera primarily for the next two weeks. I mean I can't really go without pictures for that long. I am so bad that tonight I even contemplated buying a new camera until my other one comes back. However, I think my checkbook talked me out of it.

Two lessons learned:
-Don't leave your camera strap dangling from a table. Matter of fact, don't leave your camera out period.
-Always purchase the service plan. You will need it.

1 comment:

Heather said...

So sorry about the camera. I would be lost without mine. We bought the new Nikon D5000 this past May. I don't think that my oldest has got to put a finger on it. She used to take pictures with our old one. Not anymore.