Thursday, January 14, 2010

I obviously spoke too soon. But I did enjoy it while it lasted.

What did I enjoy? Well, I enjoyed the entire seven days Morgan Kate was off of all medications. That's right. Seven days. And today we started back.

Morgan Kate has not been herself for the past three or four days. She has been quite the fussy baby and that is just not like her. I mean of course she fusses when she's hungry, wet or sleepy, but other than that, she's pretty darn happy. So when the fussing started I knew something was up. Then the fussing became accompanied by a cough, a runny nose and some pulling of the left ear. I called the doctor yesterday and she saw us first thing this morning.

Morgan Kate has another ear infection, again in the left ear. She will be taking an antibiotic for that. And since this is her third antibiotic in like a month, she will also be taking a probiotic. We are also back on the inhaler for two weeks and something to help dry up her nose.

While I did enjoy my seven days medication-free, I know this is a must. And I will do whatever it takes to help my girl feel better.

3 comments:

Newman Family said...

Poor Morgan Kate. We have been battling ear infections the past few months too. Brandon also keeps getting them in his left ear. He has an appointment with an ENT at the end of this month. I hope Morgan Kate is feeling better soon.

The Leviners said...

Aw, MK. This is not what I wanted her to have, but hopefully those meds will kick in and she'll be back to being the super happy baby that she is! Since she's needing an antibiotic, kudos goes to her peditrician for putting her on a probiotic. You know how I feel about those probiotics when taking an antibiotic. Adult seeing physicians should write their patients a prescription for probiotics with each antibiotic prescription they prescribe. It should be the law!! It sure would have saved me from feeling so yuck a summer ago! Now off my tangent!
Hope MK feels 100% better real soon!

Hollie Heming said...

The last one Will had, was pretty yucky. He got sick from the antibiotics so we were told to make sure and feed him yogurt 1-2 times each day. Never heard that before. Hope she is better quickly!