Wednesday, June 2, 2010

New Word Wednesday

I totally stole borrowed this idea from our friends over at The Burkett Bundle. Talyse has been doing "New Word Wednesday" for the past several weeks. Each week I look forward to reading her post and seeing which new words Kyran and Karyssa are using. It's such a great idea and such a wonderful way to keep up with all of their new words. Here's my first attempt....

Here are a few words MK has used just this week:
-All done
-Thank you
-Daddy
-I love you (luh-u)
-All gone
-Good girl (goo gul)

There are more, but my brain has failed me. I'm going to try and do a better job of writing the words down as the week goes on. And of course, she says most of these only after we have said them first. And she usually never says anything on command - just whenever she feels like it.

Thanks to Talyse for the inspiration!

-------------------
We went today for MK's well visit. We had our eighteen month back in February and our two year is in August, but our awesome pediatrician wanted to see us in between the two visits just to see how things were going. And they were going great! I love our pediatrician and all of the staff there. They are amazing!

MK's 21 month stats:
Weight: 20.5 pounds (still not on the growth chart)
Height: 31 1/2 inches (25th percentile for 21 month old)
Head: 18.5 (50th percentile for 21 month old)

I was thrilled about her height and head. We've never been on the growth chart like that. Ha! As for her weight, I was expecting her to weigh a little more. Travis and I even had a running bet about her weight. And he won. I thought she would be closer to 21 pounds or possibly even more. I am happy with whatever her stats are as long as she is happy and healthy. Dr. G says she looks great and is doing great developmentally. She was so pleased with Morgan Kate and how well she is doing. I love appointments like today!

4 comments:

Justin and Jessica Jones said...

You left out Cocky. :) It was great to see you today. Thanks for taking the time to come visit us and bringing that precious baby girl with you.

Jason and Talyse said...

Yay for New Word Wednesday! I know I'm doing something right if I can inspire you!!!

I'm so glad she had a great check-up! We have our 18-month this month (hard to believe), and I'm hoping we can do a 21-month one as well!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

It sounds like she's doing great!!!

Megan Thiel said...

Sounds like it was a great appointment! And I like your New Word Wednesday...maybe I'll borrow/steal it once the kids and Andy get here and we start the blog back up. Kayley has her two year check-up next Friday. I am very curious to see where she lands on the growth chart too!