Saturday afternoon we returned from our annual beach week vacation. It was an amazing week and as always my heart was filled with sadness as we left. I hate goodbyes, especially at the beach. I always have a fabulous time on our beach trips, but this year was especially fabulous. I think it was a combination of good times with family and friends, lots of memories made, Morgan Kate's age and inquisitive spirit, great weather, delicious food and long days on the beach and in the water. I've already started the countdown until next year.
The highlights of our trip:
1. Watching this little girl walk up and down the beach. Morgan Kate was so much fun this year. I mean she was fun last year, but this year was just different. She absolutely loved every part of the beach - the water, the sand, the shells, the salt, the boat rides, everything! She soaked it all in and watching her reminded me of my childhood.
2. Watching Morgan Kate and Travis spend quality time together
3. Waking up in a house with my family members
4. Staying up late at night reminiscing with family and friends
5. Having Morgan Kate sleep in our room and waking up to her precious little face each morning
6. Having Mama Jean spend so much time with us and seeing the delight on her face, as well as ours. MJ always goes with us to the beach, but sometimes it's harder for her to go and do like we do. This year that was not the case. She spent every single day going and doing just as we did. She went on numerous boat rides, sat on the beach for hours, walked to the rocks and even fed the seagulls. It truly made my heart smile!
7. Watching Morgan Kate spend time with her Kaky and Gator - oh how she loves them!
8. Going with Trenholm to try on her wedding dress and our bridesmaid dresses. Can I just say - BEAUTIFUL! Oh my goodness. I cried the minute I saw her and I know I will just be a mess at the wedding.
9. Owens' fresh pot of coffee each morning
10. Fresh peaches peeled and sliced by Trenholm
11. Watching MK dig and build and dig and build for hours
12. Struggling with MK to keep her hat on. As you can see, she won!
13. Watching MK interact with Hunter - she would spend hours talking to him.
14. Being able to tell my parents goodnight before bed
15. Just sitting on the beach, soaking up the sun and salt
16. Laughing hysterically as MK tried on everyone's shoes, including MJ's bedroom slippers
17. Spending Thursday evening riding around the Charleston harbor and eating appetizers (while on the water) from California Dreaming
18. My mom's salads and my dad's french toast - yummy!
19. Morgan Kate's naps each afternoon on the boat as we rode to the Morris Island lighthouse
20. Seeing the joy on Morgan Kate's face as she played with family and friends
21. Sitting together as a family each night for dinner
22. Eating dinner at the Crab Shack
23. Our annual "seafood night" with all of the Hardisons
24. My dad and his three brothers have been going to Folly since they were in diapers and they have done their best to make sure that tradition continues.
25. Moments like this...
26. Family pictures on the beach
(The entire Hardison clan)
27. Holding Morgan Kate's hand as we walked up and down the shore
29. Celebrating all the July birthdays in our family - including Travis'
A BIG thank you to my parents and my grandmother for making this trip possible each year. We will be forever thankful for our times at Folly!