Saturday, January 15, 2011

Schools in our area ended up being closed Monday through Thursday because of the ice and snow. Friday was a student holiday, so only teachers were asked to return. This coming Monday, like the one in less than two days, is a holiday for everyone. Between a workshop Friday a week ago, four snow days, a student holiday and a national holiday it will have been eleven days since I last saw my "children". Whewh. I may have to re-teach a few things.

While I may not have seen my classes in quite some time I was definitely looking forward to the long weekend. I long for any time that involves more snuggling with my hubby and baby girl and of course any chance to sleep in a little. However, our long weekend of relaxation has turned into a weekend of mending the wounded. Okay, so no one is really wounded, but MK is running a fever and just not feeling well. The fever started Friday evening and has continued into today. We went to the pediatrician this morning and both the strep test and the flu test came back negative. Her ears looks good and her lungs sound great. Some big reasons to celebrate there! Her throat does look red and tender, so our pediatrician is sending off for the 48 hour strep test. In the meantime we are using Motrin, tylenol and an antibiotic, mixed in with long naps and bowls of ice cream to make us all feel better. I haven't felt like myself either today. I don't think it's anything serious or contagious. I think it's just a case of "my-baby-is-hurting-so-my-heart-is-hurting". I hate to see her in pain. Breaks my heart.

Well, I'm off to serve up another bowl of ice cream. Or maybe it's mac-n-cheese this time. 

2 comments:

Kathy Hardison said...

Sure hope angel baby feels better SOON! LY

The Leviners said...

AW! I think its something the snow brought in! C had a fever of 102 Wed. night and then on and off again until Saturday. Hope the 48 hour test is still neg.