Monday, October 17, 2011

Updates

I long to blog. I long to have time to sit down and really write. I long to write more than just updates. However, at the end of the day my longing to rest and sleep takes precedence. 


School Days
Morgan Kate LOVES preschool. She talks about all of her little friends and her teachers. She has learned so many new songs and blessings and stories. It's amazing. She comes home with the cutest artwork and stamps all over her little body. Mrs. Watson not only gives them stamps on their hands and arms, but their bellies as well. I love how much her teachers love her. It really has been so great for all of us! We have our very first parent-teacher conference next month. I'm so anxious to hear what her teachers have to say and a little nervous, too. I've always been on the "teacher side" of the conference, so this will be all new to me. 


Potty
MK has mastered the whole tee-tee thing. We never ask her if she needs to go, she just tells us. She's had maybe three accidents this entire time. Two while she was playing outside and one while she was with her Uncle Owens. And by the way, she did tell him she needed to go - he just didn't believe her. She does great through nap time and she's completely dry most mornings. Now, for that other business - the poo. No such luck. We've tried it all and nothing has worked. I am open to any tips, suggestions, tricks, bribes...whatever.


Sayings, Conversations, Prayers, Etc.
-After her bath each night she loves for Travis or I to wrap her up in her towel like a "rito". Also known as burrito. 
-Lately, whenever we ask her to do something, she will say (in the most sweetest voice I might add), "I don't want to." Argh. 
-She continues to pray daily for everyone we've ever met or come into contact with. Seriously. Even if she's met you only once, she's most likely prayed for you. So sweet.
-At school they sometimes have cheetos as a snack. She comes home from preschool singing and shaking her hips at the same time, "I want a cheeto. I want a cheeto." We just laugh.
-She thinks that Trenholm, whom she calls Dippin, is her uncle. And her favorite uncle at that. 


Behavior
Hmmm. Not sure what to write here. We thought the end of the twos were a little rocky, but we've learned those late twos have nothing on threes. Nothing. We experience quite the range of emotions daily. Laughing, singing,  and just overall pleasantness to crying, whining (for hours) and kicking and screaming if she doesn't get her way. I just keep reminding myself that this is just a phase and it too shall pass. Right?!? When she's good, she's good, but when she's bad, wowzers, it's B.A.D. 


Even when she's throwing a tantrum and I'm at my wits end, I still have to bite my lip sometime to keep from laughing or smiling. She just absolutely melts my heart and I couldn't be more in love with her. Some days I go to bed just completely exhausted, but I find myself waking up around one or two wishing she would wake up and crawl into our bed. Oh, how I love my girl! 

No comments: