Thursday, November 3, 2011

I am thankful for Halloween.


A day that lends itself to family costumes. 
A day that allows for fun, creative costumes in general.

A day that provides the perfect backdrop for adorable pictures of loved ones.
A day that includes spooktacular treats and goodies.
A day where adorable ladybugs and daddies come out to play.
A day where you will find Native Americans, zookeepers and cowboys and girls, all playing together nicely.
A day where you can get away with wearing orange hair. And at the same time have the opportunity to snuggle with a tiny dinosaur.
A day where people aren't afraid to dress up and be creative.
I'm even thankful for the family members who don't participate in this day by refusing to dress up. Insert frowning face here.
I'm thankful for the smiles, big and small, that this day brings. 
I'm thankful for hayrides on cool Halloween nights with people I love.
Did I mention that I'm thankful for Halloween?

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love the Flinstones costumes! I'll have to keep that in mind for next year!!

jan kessler said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Love Aunt Jan

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I love your Flinstones costumes!!!