Tuesday, November 1, 2011

There are things to be thankful during every month of the year. Every week of the month. Every day of the week. Every hour of every day. You get the picture. However, the month of November lends itself as the perfect time to really think and reflect on all that one is thankful for. My goal is to share one thing I am thankful for each day of this month. Anyone who looks back at the past few months and my number of posts each month will know this is quite a lofty goal, but one I do hope to accomplish. Fingers and toes crossed.

Today I am thankful for my baby girl. She is my heart and each day I fall more and more in love with her. Each day she continues to test my patience, but my love in fact grows each and every day. Yesterday we had her three year old well visit. Yes, it was over two months late, but better late than never. It was a terrific appointment! MK got a great report and for the first time in her entire three years she has made it on the growth chart for a three year old! Her weight, twenty-seven and a half pounds, was in the 25th percentile for a three year old. And her height, which they checked twice just to be sure, was in almost the 75th percentile for a three year old. She was thirty-six inches tall, which means that since her last well visit back in August of 2010 she has grown over six inches. Tall, lean girl, she is! She is meeting all of her developmental milestones and when I read the sheet titled, "Normal Development of a Three Year Old", I couldn't help but laugh out loud. She is right on the money - especially in the mental, emotional and social areas. Ha! Things like: Cries and hits at times. Quickly switches from shyness to high spirits and back. Tests limits constantly. May have an imaginary playmate. Shares and takes turns occasionally. Speaks about 1,000 words. Needless to say, I left feeling very proud. I also left feeling kind of like the worst mommy in the world. Who takes their child for a well visit on Halloween and subjects their child to three needles in one day? Flu shot, Hepatitis A or B (can't remember) and a hemoglobin check. Wowzers. Thankfully, MK seems to have forgotten the pain. 

And if all of that good news wasn't enough, check out my big girl saying her ABCs. Big smile on this mommy's face.



I am also super thankful that today marks 30 weeks for Kelly! She is still in the hospital and still growing those babies. Things have been progressing smoothly and we are praying for many more weeks. Since her membranes have ruptured they will not let her go past 34 weeks. Therefore, by the end of this month we will get to meet these precious little ones and finally know their genders. I'm dying! 

3 comments:

Kelly Lee said...

Oh how I love her!! Tommy and I are still sitting here smiling from watching that. I love her drumming with her ABC's too. I needed that:) I'm so thankful for her too, she has brought so much joy into my life and is a true miracle of Gods work. Although I already check your blog every day, I'm extra excited that you're going to be blogging every day. Love you!

Elizabeth said...

That is wonderful that Morgan Kate got such a great report from the doctor!! So excited for y'all.

And I will continue to keep Kelly & the babies in my prayers!

The Leviners said...

Love those ABC's! Great check up too!