Monday, February 10, 2014

Lately.

My girl is not a shopper. Not yet anyway. We have THE hardest time while out shopping. If I let her walk, which she prefers, then she's either grabbing everything, walking into things because she's so distracted or she's hiding in the clothes. It's crazy because she's usually pretty easy, regardless of where we go or what we do, but shopping is just not her thing. I prefer that she sit in a buggy. And I'm not above giving her my phone to keep her "occupied" so that I can get a few things done. Just this past Thursday she and I ran into my favorite, TJ Maxx, and days later I find pictures like this on my phone. It makes me smile.
Saturday morning we went to Soda City downtown. We've been wanting to go for quite some time, but just haven't gotten around to it. This Saturday we had extra incentive because one of our buddies, Rita, was down there with her family and they were selling their Indian food. Oh.My.Heavens. I could eat that food all day, every day. It was SO good. 
After our morning at Soda City, we headed to Little Mountain to visit an antique store. Well, we thought it was a store. It's actually an antique mall and you need like a week to really go through everything. We were in heaven.

While we were there I noticed these green dessert glasses. My parents have this entire set - dessert glasses, tea/water glasses, etc. These scream 1970s and I love them. One of my favorite childhood memories was my mom serving us chocolate pudding with cool whip in one of these fancy dishes. We thought we were something else!
There was a little cafe on the lower level of the antique mall. MK wasn't too keen on the Indian food we had earlier, so we stopped at the cafe and got her a grilled cheese. The mall was celebrating an anniversary of some sort and had free food set out and a band playing. It was so neat. 
Morgan Kate did pretty well while we were there. And we were there for a long time. I mean she had a hard time keeping her hands to herself, but hey, so did I. 

Morgan Kate is really into tea sets. She must have six of them and she always wants more. I think it's kind of neat. Saturday, while at the antique mall, she found this teeny tiny tea set and of course she wanted it. I couldn't resist. It was SO cute and it was $8. I might have used it as bribery.
Sunday afternoon, she set it up in her playhouse and had a tea party, complete with pieces of a granola bar, with her imaginary friends. 
This week more of that ice/snow/sleet stuff is headed our way and I'm not happy. Don't get me wrong, I love the beauty of snow and winter, but I do not love making up all of these days and all of this time. We found out Friday that not only do we have to make up our snow day, but now we (meaning faculty and staff) have to make up all of our delay hours and early release hours. Ugh.
I'm trying to stay optimistic. I guess ice/snow/sleet might mean another snuggly day at home with my family. And if that's the case, then I'll gladly make up the day- it's totally worth it.

2 comments:

Kathy Hardison said...

You can come here and snuggle :) I'll make sure you have good food. LY&MY

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Her little tea set is so sweet!
I have to admit the TJ Maxx picture made me laugh! I love that store so much! Luckily, my girls love to shop.
Stay safe and warm! I don't know about you, but I am so over winter!