We give thanks to you, O God,
we give thanks, for your Name is near;
men tell of your wonderful deeds.
I am so thankful for how well Morgan Kate is doing. God is truly watching over her and keeping his hand very close. Morgan Kate is so strong and amazes me each and every day.
Updates for 09.29
1. Tonight Morgan Kate hit two pounds and 14 ounces. We couldn't believe it, nor could her nurse, so we weighed her twice and both times the scale read 2 lb and 14 oz. Way to go, Morgan Kate! I was a little worried about her gaining weight because I knew her temperature was a little warm on Saturday and then a little cool on Sunday. When small babies have to work to get their temps correct they burn more calories. Looks like it didn't phase Morgan Kate...
2. Morgan Kate is still tolerating her new feeding schedule. The only change they have made is the amount of food. Yesterday she was getting 23 ccs for 30 minutes every 3 hours and today they bumped her up to 24. Remember from our earlier lesson - there are 30 ccs in an ounce, therefore, Morgan Kate is getting a little under an ounce every three hours. :)
3. I was able to hold her for almost an hour and a half today. She did really well and only had one heart rate drop (her only one of the day). Of course I feel awful that her one and only heart rate drop was while I was holding her. :( She was really sleepy and still at first, but toward the end she was very alert and looking all around. It was so nice!
- Please pray that Morgan Kate continues to grow.
- Please pray that her eye exam goes well and she is not in any pain.
- Please pray that she will begin to need the oxygen less and less.
- Morgan Kate's Kaky (my mom) has to have surgery on October 8th. Kaky has been having some problems and the surgery will hopefully help with this. She is expected to be in the hospital for at least three to four days and out of work for 6-8 weeks. She has so selflessly been putting this off for sometime now because of my hospitalization and then Morgan Kate's arrival. Please pray that the surgery will go well, that she will get some relief and that she will be up and ready in no time to welcome home Morgan Kate!
I realize there is quite a lot to pray for tonight, but I know firsthand how powerful prayer is and I know you are all so great about praying for us. Thank you so much!