Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Last night Trav and I stayed at the hospital with Miss Morgan Kate. I have learned that our daughter is a "growler". She growled and moaned and groaned all night long. It was too funny! Needless to say, Mommy was not able to sleep too well. Daddy didn't seem to have any problems, but Mommy did! However, it was so nice to stay with her and wake up to her precious face on Thanksgiving morning. 

Morgan Kate's oxygen was around 50ccs for most of the day. Several times she was bumped up to 75ccs, but when my mom and I left tonight she was back to 50ccs. She did not take a bottle today while we were there. She was breathing rather fast and I didn't want to stress her out. They may try to bottle feed her later tonight. She also weighed in at six pounds and eight ounces. Big girl!

Today was such a great day with our family. Travis and I both love having family over. Typically we celebrate Thanksgiving in Orangeburg, but because of the circumstances we celebrated here. Our house doesn't have near the room that my parents' house has, but it worked and we all had such a nice time - not to mention that the food was out of this world. This time together made my "un-normal" life feel a little more normal. Although I had a terrific time, I missed Morgan Kate terribly. I thought of her all day and how I wanted her to be with us. It's so hard to be away from her. I want her home so badly. 

I am so thankful for each and every person that reads this blog. I am also thankful for every prayer. God has blessed my life in so many ways and I am so very fortunate. Thank you all!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather and Travis!!!
Hope yall had a great Thanksgiving!
Love Bunches, Maggie

Anonymous said...

She is just trying to tell you by her growling that she wants to be a CLEMSON TIGER! Love Uncle B.

amanda pyle said...

So glad that your first Thanksgiving with Morgan Kate was wonderful. What a blessing to be able to wake up to that sweet face on Thanksgiving. I know it was great for you to be able to spend the day with your family!!! Give Morgan Kate kisses from AA:)