Friday, November 28, 2008

I spent the afternoon and the evening with Morgan Kate. She slept the ENTIRE time. Apparently, she was awake this morning and decided she needed some rest. I got in some good quality time even though she was sleeping. It was so nice just to hold her and rock her and talk to her (even though I am sure she wasn't listening). My plan for tomorrow is to get there early so that I can see her awake and interact with her. We will see how that works out. Ha!

Her oxygen was fantastic today! She was between 25-35ccs for most of the day. It was awesome. At time she still breathes fast, but as long as her oxygen saturation numbers are okay it's fine. Her feeds have been increased to 60ccs - two ounces. She weighed in tonight at six pounds and eleven ounces! I am a little worried about her weight gain. I am praying that it's not fluid. She is still on the diuretic and her diapers have been good, so hopefully it's just my girl growin'.

I forgot to mention this yesterday, but November 27th was my very first due date. When I went for my 7 week appointment back in April they calculated my due date to be November 27th, a turkey baby. When I went back for my 12 week appointment the computer predicted December 3rd based on Morgan Kate's size. I guess they were both wrong and she had plans of her own. It's hard to believe that her due date is here and she is already almost fourteen weeks old. Crazy! According to the November 27th due date she was ninety-five days early. Wow! Truly a miracle!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather! I am glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving. I look forward to next year when we can all spoil Morgan Kate. She is absolutely a doll! I must admit my eye now turns to the little girl clothes like never before. Can she possibly wear all that she has :)! I am sure you will try! We are praying for our precious angel as well as you and Trav. We love you all! Aunt Terry

Anonymous said...

I know that your Thanksgiving was great with family and good food. Morgan Kate will have to eat double next year to make up for this year! I can't imagine the roller coaster ride that you and Travis have been on since August. You two are exceptional and are blessed with an equally exceptional daughter. Happy Thanksgiving.
Celeste Shelley

Anonymous said...

I AM SO GLAD YOU HAD QUALITY TIME WITH MORGAN KATE. I THINK THEY KNOW WHEN SOMEONE IS LOVING AND MOTHERING THEM. SO IMPORTANT!!
I WANTED TO SAY HOW GOOD HER WEIGHT IS!! MY TWO GRAND CHILDREN FULL TERM ONLY WEIGHED 6 POUNDS 11 OUNCES!!!!
SHE IS SO SPECIAL TO SO MANY PEOPLE!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather! I was out of town for Thanksgiving & actually missed checking up on Morgan Kate while I was away from my computer! It sounds like she's becoming quite a little "Butterball" & she is SO cute with those little chubby cheeks! You are doing a great job and I pray that you ALL get to be together at home soon!
Love, Kathy C.

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather and Trav. This is Erin Young(previously). I just wanted to let you know you are all in my thoughts and prayers. Your daughter is beautiful and without a doubt a miracle. You 2 are amazing. And Morgan Kate is too!!!

Love to all of you.

Hollie Heming said...

Doesn't a baby make Thanksgiving so much more meaningful? It has for me this year as I am certain it has for you too. I can't believe how she is filling out! Don't you just want to eat her up??!! I can't wait to see you very soon. I hope to come by the hospital in the next few days. Love you and miss you :).