Saturday, November 29, 2008

Travis and I finally got to spend time with our darling little girl while she was AWAKE! She was so alert, looking all around and making all sorts of noises. She was so awake that Travis was able to feed her a bottle at three. She did an awesome job with the bottle and took all 60ccs in less than thirty minutes. Yahoo!

We got to spend a lot of time with her today, while she was awake and asleep. She is the most precious thing I have ever set my eyes on and it breaks my heart more and more everyday to leave her. I don't want to take her home before she is ready, but I certainly long for the day that she is ready to come home. 

Morgan Kate's oxygen ranged from 25-50ccs today. Tonight when we left she was at 25. While I was holding her today her cannula came out and I didn't notice it right away. When I finally did notice it (it may have only been out for a few seconds or a few minutes) I also noticed that her numbers were still good and she was holding her on. Way to go, Morgan Kate!

Tonight she weighed in at six pounds and eleven ounces. Her weight stayed the same and for that I am glad. It makes me feel a little bit better. Maybe the weight gain last night wasn't fluid after all and she is just growing, growing, growing. By the way, I have been meaning to post Morgan Kate's new news for several nights now and I keep forgetting. News Alert #1: Morgan Kate is now wearing newborn diapers. No more wee-pees or preemie smalls, she has made the big step. She's been wearing these diapers for about a week now. News Alert #2: Yesterday she started wearing newborn clothes. I noticed over Thanksgiving that her pants and onesies were getting a little too short, she just didn't seem to have any room to move. We tried the newborn clothes and they fit perfectly! Now she has lots of new clothes to wear. I'll be sure to post some new pics tomorrow night.

6 comments:

Justin and Jessica Jones said...

This is such great news. I'm glad you guys were able to relax and spend some time with your family over Thanksgiving. Just think...this time next year Morgan Kate will be probably just beginning to learn to walk and getting into everything. She is so cute. I can't wait to hold her someday...we have a lot of time to make up for. :) Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for her weight, newborn diapers and clothes...she's growing, growing, growing! Glad she did so well with her O2 today:) Such GREAT news! Looking forward to seeing new pics tomorrow. Please give her a hug and kiss from us. Love you bunches, Kelly

The Q family said...

I'm still a faithful follower and pray for you every night! It is so wonderful to see such improvements! Isn't God awesome?! I pray everyday that she will continue to gain strength to get home with you soon. Our NICU bout was no where near as long as your journey has been, but I know how hard it is to leave each night, especially toward the end when they are seemingly so much better. My girls are into everything now and I'm sure that by this time next year your little bit will be as well! Hang in there, it is getting closer!

Lesli Lockwood said...

Woohoo! So many milestones Morgan Kate has made over the past couple of weeks. I know you all can't contain your excitement! I have kept all of you close in thought and prayer. Does God just amaze you sometimes? He is just incredible! Your daily journals are so inspirational and uplifting. I know one day Morgan Kate will enjoy reading all about her miraculous journey. God has been with you every step of the way! She is so blessed to have you and Travis as her parents.

Anonymous said...

Glad for such a good day yesterday! Tell her Aunt Terry says she can be a Clemson Tiger if she would like. She had such a good day because the Tigers did so well. You know if Morgan goes to Clemson she might just have to follow in the footsteps of her grandfather, uncle, and cousin. Of course, she is so smart she will probably look down her nose at the little schools in SC and shoot for the Ivy League! We love you all! Aunt Terry

Anonymous said...

You two are the GREATEST, and I know why Morgan Kate loves you so much!

Keep on Keeping on and GOD bless all you do. I miss you.

NACAPENDA, NACAPENDA, NACAPENDA 1, 2,3
MJ