Monday, November 24, 2008

Today is Morgan Kate's 3 month birthday. Happy 3 months, Baby Girl!

Today Morgan Kate had a really good day. She slept for a long time, but was also awake and alert at times. I love it when she is asleep and awake. While she is sleeping I just sit and look at her. I watch every little movement or facial expression she makes. I am just in awe of her! When she is awake I love to talk to her and attempt to sing to her. She makes the sweetest noises and faces.

Today was Morgan Kate's 4th full day on the low flow cannula and she is continuing to do well. I feel like I am holding my breath everyday, hoping that she continues to tolerate it. Then I have to remind myself that this will happen in God's time and I have no control over the situation. It's just so hard to let go sometimes! She was around 50ccs of oxygen for most of the day. She did have to be turned up some for feedings and occasionally while she was sleeping, but other than that it was 50. Yahoo!

Morgan Kate's feeds have been increased to 55ccs. She is just 5ccs short of two ounces. They are increasing her feeds because they decreased the calories. She is also getting a bottle every eight hours - so three a day. This is just a slight increase. Tonight she weighed in at six pounds and five ounces

Several weeks ago I mentioned my friend Donna. She was expecting a baby mid-December and she was on bed rest. Well, she delivered a healthy, happy baby boy today! He was three weeks early, but is doing great! Christian Spivey weighed in at six pounds and ten ounces. Congrats to Donna and her husband, Shaun! Morgan Kate and I can't wait to meet him.

3 comments:

Monica said...

It is so good to hear all of the good news. I am thankful for all that God has done. You should be proud of yourself for being so strong and faithful. You are a beautiful example of a MOM. We continue to pray for the entire family. Happy Thanksgiving! Much love to you all.
monica

Anonymous said...

Good morning!
So good to hear all the great and wonderful news on Morgan Kate. Keep whispering our love and prayers for her and her progress. We love you and are so, so grateful for MK!

Our cups runneth over with blessings from God above...
The Burlesons

Anonymous said...

Heather,

It was wonderful to see you and Morgan Kate today. She is SO beautiful, and so are YOU! What a blessing to have her added to our family in 2008. Please know that we continue to pray for all of you and love you very much! Blessings! Aunt Terry