Friday, November 7, 2008

Today Morgan Kate had some very special visitors!

Kyle and Kaky came for a visit! Kyle stayed for a few hours and then had to leave for work. Kaky was able to spend the day! I was so excited and so very thankful. Kyle has only been a few times to visit - hospitals make him a little nervous, so we were thrilled to see him. Morgan Kate was wide awake when they got there and stayed awake for quite a while. Kaky was able to hold Morgan Kate and even rock her to sleep! Gator has been on day shift this week, so when he got off at three he too was able to come by. Oh, happy day!

Please say a special prayer for Kyle. It seems like 2008 is the year of "surgical events" for my family. I had surgery back in January, then my c-section, Mom had surgery four weeks ago and now Kyle is scheduled to have surgery on December 17th. He has to have some "repairs" done to his right shoulder that he injured a few weeks ago. 

When I arrived this morning the nurses had dressed Morgan Kate in this adorable little outfit that Ms. Jackie bought her. Thanks so much, Ms. Jackie! She was sitting up in her boppy fast asleep and looked so content. It was the most precious sight ever!


Morgan Kate's oxygen stayed around 31% today and her flow is still at 2. She seemed to have a difficult time breathing today, but I think it's from having to work a lot harder. Drinking a bottle is a big deal and takes a lot out of her. 

She was also really sleepy today and didn't do well with her bottle feeds. They tried to increase her to a bottle feed every other feeding, but she isn't quite ready for that. She took her bottle at 9am with no problem, but at 3pm and 9pm she was entirely too sleepy. At the 9pm feeding she got a little choked, her oxygen dipped way down and she turned several shades of blue. Needless to say, Travis and I were a little startled (for lack of a better word), but we just slowly sat her up and patted her on her back. In just a few seconds she was okay again! Whewh...thank goodness.

She weighed in tonight at five pounds and four ounces. Wow! Typically I would account this to extra wires and tubes, but there weren't any. I would even say maybe she had a little fluid, but she has been on lasix so I don't think that is it either. Maybe she is just growing and catching up from this last week! 

Tonight I dressed Morgan Kate in a little outfit that my friend Donna bought for her (see below). Donna works with me and is pregnant with her first child, a baby boy named Christian. She is due in December - just a few weeks after my original due date. She too has been recently put on bed rest. Please say a prayer for her, her husband and baby boy Christian. 

Things are progressing very well and Travis and I are thrilled. However, it is still so difficult because we hate to see her struggle and we just want to bring her home so bad. We know we have to be patient and that we can't rush things, but it is so hard. We have now been at Baptist for 81 days (Morgan Kate has been here for 75) and that is quite a long time. I read a great devotion today about having courage during times of struggle. I am praying that God will help me be courageous and continue to help me with my patience. Some days can just be so tough and scary! 

One of Morgan Kate's angel nurses...

*Check out new slideshow to the right.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather,

So glad ya'll have had a good week.I know your mom had a wonderful day yesterday holding Morgan Kate! My how she is growing and so precious!! God is good!!

Stephen and Jane Hartzog

Anonymous said...

What precious pictures!! I'm so glad she got to spend some time with her Kaky and Uncle Kyle. Our prayers will be with him too. Continue to have your strength. Morgan Kate will master the bottle and breast feeding, it's just new to her. I can't believe she is 5 lbs 4 ounces!!!!!! She's gonna be out growing some of her clothes soon:) Have a wonderful weekend! Love you bunches, Kelly

Deni said...

Heather she is looking so good! I have been praying for you guys!

THE SPIVEY"S said...

She looks so adorable in her little outfit. I am so glad that it fits her. Thank you for the shout out. We really appreciate your thoughts and prayers. I know they come in handy because of all the thoughts and prayers that are coming your way. God is AMAZING! You go Morgan Kate with all that weight you are gaining! Keep it up girl. She is doing amazing and is so strong. When I think things are tough, I just think about the strength that you, Travis, and Morgan Kate have and I get through it. Thanks for being such and inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather! I LOVE the new pictures! Morgan Kate is absolutely adorable. Of course, Kaky is a natural grandmother. Morgan Kate has so much to look forward to with her. We will be praying for Kyle. He seems so young to be an uncle, but I guess Uncle B was about the same age when he became your uncle. We are so excited about the shower next weekend. Love you! Aunt Terry