Monday, November 3, 2008

Today was a terrific day!

I was able to feed Morgan Kate her morning bottle (9:00am) and she did awesome! I was also able to try nursing her for a little while and she did a great job with that as well. Of course I had no clue what to do, so Jean (the wonderful lactation nurse who has been helping me since day 1) sat with me and talked me through it. I sure don't know what I am going to do once we do finally get home and I don't have the help of the nurses. They have been terrific and so patient. After I fed her she was so awake and alert. She and I spent some good quality time together. It was so nice!

Travis was able to feed her this evening (6:00pm). This was his very first bottle feed ever and he did a WONDERFUL job. Morgan Kate was so content and did an amazing job! While I was feeding her I kept a nice little cloth type thing under her chin so that she stayed clean. When Trav fed her he decided he didn't want to use the cloth thingy so she and her cute little outfit got covered in food. You can find pics of Trav and Morgan Kate in the same slideshow as last night. She will get another bottle later tonight and then I will go back for the morning bottle. Since she was doing so well with her feeds they increased her to three bottles  - the ultimate goal will be to bottle feed at all feeding times (8 bottles). 


Yesterday Morgan Kate had a hearing test and I completely forgot to write about it last night. I don't know how I forgot because she did terrific and passed with flying colors. Way to go, Morgan Kate!

Morgan Kate's oxygen ranged from 23% - 28% today. While she is feeding they increase her oxygen some so that she doesn't have to work so hard to breathe and eat. It's a lot of work for a little girl! 

Please pray for Morgan Kate's growth, the development of her lungs and that she will continue to tolerate the new bottle feedings.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo glad that things are going great with morgan kate and her feedings and that things seem to be getting better with her lungs!! I am praying for ya'll and thinking about you often!!!

Love,
Elizabeth Floyd

Anonymous said...

What happy days you are experiencing. I am so proud of you for your dedication to nursing with all you have been through. It is an awesome experience! Love, Aunt Terry

Anonymous said...

Yay Morgan Kate! Keep sucking down those bottles!!!!!!

Monica said...

It sounds like Morgan Kate got her mom's eating habits (ha ha ha-you know I love ya)! It thrills my heart to see the joy that y'all feel through these pictures. It really is amazing--just wait until she gets to be a teenager--that's fun too. Really, it's just different. Much love you each of you!