Sunday, November 2, 2008

We had a fabulous weekend! Morgan Kate is STILL on the cannula, her oxygen levels are really good, we got to hold her for long periods of time, we got to spend a lot of time with her and she took her first two bottles.

Yes! This morning at 9am they tried Morgan Kate on her first bottle. She did really well and finished 40ccs in just fifteen minutes. She did so well that they decided to try another bottle at 9pm and I got to feed her! Oh my goodness, it was terrific. I felt like a real mommy! (See new slideshow to the right.) I was really nervous, but thank goodness our terrific nurse was right there by my side to assist me. I have fed babies many times, but not my own baby and I forgot how to do everything. Our nurse was soooo patient and helped me so much. Thank goodness for her! I knew how to hold Morgan Kate, but I did not really know how to get her to take the bottle or how to burp her. Burping babies always confuses me. In the end it worked out great and Morgan Kate did an awesome job. I am so proud of her!


Her oxygen levels ranged from 24% - 28% today. Travis and I are both thrilled over this. We did a lot of thinking and praying and more thinking and praying before deciding to go with the steroids. However, it looks as if we did indeed make the right decision - it definitely seems to be working for her. She seems much more comfortable and relaxed.  

Each and everyday I am amazed at Morgan Kate's strength and determination. I am so lucky to be her mommy! God truly blessed my life with this precious baby girl and for that I am forever grateful.

Morgan Kate got so many nice goodies today! My fabulous fourth grade buddies threw a baby shower for Morgan Kate. It was absolutely beautiful and I was THRILLED to see all my friends from LMES. They are some of the best people on this earth and I miss them all dearly. 


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you got to feed Morgan Kate. You should get the baby shower invitation today for the shower we are doing. I can't wait! Love, Aunt Terry

Deni said...

That is great news Heather...man, I remember Parker's challenges with eating, we were lucky if he took 10ccs...now he eats 90mls and is a pig! It sounds like Morgan Kate is doing well! So glad I found your blog and am able to keep in touch with you! :)

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that Morgan Kate is doing so well!!
Thank you God and bless her two wonderful parents.
I appreciate how you share about your love and care for her.
She is so special.
You are a really great Mommy!!!!!
She knows that already.


Sherry pyle

Hollie Heming said...

We miss you too! I'm so happy you got to give the bottle last night. I'll call you this week and maybe we can do lunch before I go back. It was great seeing you and your family yesterday. It looks like Morgan Kate has some beautiful new things to come home to. Love you!

Anonymous said...

YEAH! I know you are so thrilled that she got to have her first bottle! Don't worry, you looked as if you have been doing it forever, you did great I am sure! She is getting bigger everyday and soon you will get to bring her home. I love the new pictures of her Halloween outfit, the crib and you feeding her, so exciting. Still praying and thinking of you all! Have a great week:)
Lindsay M

Anonymous said...

WOW! What progress Morgan Kate has made!! She is such a little fighter! I know that bottle feeding was a thrill for both of you. Did you ever think something so routine would be such a joyous occasion?!?!? I love keeping up with her progress. Believe all your decisions are the right ones! Those wee little ones don't come with directions...haha! Hang in there! She is doing great!
Kit Stewart

Anonymous said...

YEAH! I am so glad that she got that first bottle! That is so exciting! I was so glad to see you yesterday. God is good! :)
Wendy H.

amanda pyle said...

God is so good:) I am so happy for you & Travis and especially for Morgan Kate. It is amazing how far she has come. We will continue to pray for you all. Tell Morgan Kate to eat a lot so she can hurry up and come home...AA really wants to hold her and love on her:) We love you guys. Give her a kiss for me.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news...I can't wait to hear how today went!! I know this had to be one of the best weekends in a long time. Glad her oxygen is doing so well and you and Trav are getting to bond even more with her:) Enjoyed seeing you this weekend...you looked fabulous!!!! Love you, Kelly