Saturday, December 13, 2008

If you call our house at 4 in the afternoon we will not answer. However, if at 4 in the morning you are in need of a late night/early morning conversation, we are definitely all yours. It's official. Morgan Kate is nocturnal. And Mommy and Daddy are struggling.  

Kaky's back! After a just a few days (seemed a lot longer to us) Kaky is back and we are ecstatic. She will be with us through the middle of next week. Then little brother, Kyle, will need all of her attention. Remember - he has shoulder surgery next Wednesday. Can Kaky possibly put a few more things on her plate? Earlier today Kaky helped bathe Morgan Kate and then she fed MK a bottle. I was able to get some great pics of them together. Special!


Yesterday Morgan Kate had her second doctor's appointment with Dr. G. All went well and Morgan Kate had gained an ounce. *Side note: Morgan Kate was weighed Wednesday at Dr. G's office and she weighed in at seven pounds and ten ounces. I know, I know - is that possible? I told Dr. G that she was only 7 pounds 3 ounces at the hospital just the day before. There is a small discrepancy, but Dr. G says we are going to go by the scale at her office and go from there. When weighed again yesterday she was seven pounds eleven ounces. Dr. G increased her feeds to 70ccs and also put her on Zantac for reflux. We are scheduled for another appointment on Tuesday. 

We are continuing to work on bottles. Trav has the most success, but even I was able to get Morgan Kate to take an entire bottle yesterday. Yahoo! It sure did make me feel good. It was hard work, but I felt like I had accomplished a huge task! As soon as she finished the bottle she was OUT!

Morgan Kate's oxygen continues to look good. She is still at 25ccs or 1/16th of a liter and reading high. Dr. G gave us the go ahead to slowly turn her down a little. Today she has spent some time at 1/32nd of a liter and she has done really well. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures with Kaky. She is growing so fast. Before you know it she will be 18. 18 months then 18 years and you will look back on this and say how fast she grew up. But for now enjoy enjoy enjoy. If you need someone to talk to at 4:00 am call and talk. Morgan Kate is so blessed to have you and Travis as parents. Thank you so much for sharing her with us. We love you. Hugs and Kisses from "Aunt J" and "MaMa C"

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are in heaven! Enjoy. Love you! Aunt Terry

Anonymous said...

I could not be more excited for the Callahan Family!!! I know you are loving every minute with your precious girl at home. I am glad to know Dr. G is taking such good care of you all. You are in wonderful hands.
I love watching her grow in the pictures. Please don't stop sharing. We are all here for you day or night!!!
all my love,
Wendy S.

Anonymous said...

hey heather and travis!!! im so glad yall finally got to take morgan kate home! thats awesome! the then and now pictures are amazing! love yall!

love, maggie

Anonymous said...

Reading about Morgan Kate is truly one of the highlights of my day! I am so full of JOY for you and Travis. Please call me anytime - I can't wait to meet Morgan Kate. Right now, I am too paranoid about all the germs and viruses lurking around . . . Libby has been sick and I'd hate to pass anything along to you guys. We all miss you - Betsy Crawford

Anonymous said...

Hey! Great pics of Kaky and MK...where is GDaddy??? Got to get him in there too...HaHa Have a good day together or maybe I should say night? :)
Love to all, Lyn & Phala

Anonymous said...

Heather, Travis and Little Miss Morgan Kate! It was a privilage and an honor to take care of ya'll while you were in the NICU. You will surely be missed my the whole staff. Walking by room 8 was weird when there was no signs or pictures or toys hanging in there. That was Morgan Kate's room from day 1. Looking at your pictures coming home, it made me teary eyed, because I know you have waited for that moment for so long, and it finally came. I am SO proud of the progress that MK has made. She's such a strong little girl, and I know she will do amazing things in life. We miss you guys already!!! Please keep in touch with us! We love you all!

Jessica - PHB NICU

Anonymous said...

Hey! It so amazing to see that all is going well. I knew it would. We miss Morgan Kate so much, and you guys. The room is just not the same without her and all the decorations. She looks so happy and comfortable now that she is home. Love the pictures and please keep posting more when you have time. I hope she continues to sleep through the night so you guys can rest.
With love,
Kim Carey (NICU)