Monday, December 8, 2008


Updating a little earlier tonight - it may be my only free minute. Travis and I are officially "rooming in" with Morgan Kate. Trav just finished giving Morgan Kate her 6pm bottle. She did an awesome job and finished the entire thing - all 68ccs. Yes, they increased her feeds today and she is doing well. Thank goodness! They have also weighed her for the night and she weighed in at seven pounds and three ounces. Big girl! Today Morgan Kate has been as low as she can be on the oxygen, it can't be turned down anymore. They even tried the cannula off for a while today. She did a great job and her numbers looked great. We put the cannula back on while we were bottle feeding her so that she wouldn't have to work quite as hard.


I slept well last night, but woke up with huge knots in my stomach. I felt like a little girl on Christmas morning. Who am I kidding? I still feel like that on Christmas morning and I am far from a little girl. I tried my best to make sure the house was in order and that I knew where all of Morgan Kate's "supplies" were - diapers, wipes, pacifiers, blankets, clothes, etc. When we left the house at 5pm it felt funny to think that the next time we were back at home we would have a precious little baby girl with us. I can hardly wait!

Morgan Kate has a doctor's appointment first thing Wednesday morning. We will be seeing Dr. Guerkink at Ballentine Pediatrics. We met with her right before Thanksgiving and LOVED her - not to mention that she is like two minutes from our house. We are actually taking her before any other patients arrive. Because of her prematurity and her chronic lung disease they want to get her in and out so they aren't exposed to other things. We will be seeing Dr. G once a week, maybe more. She will help us make decisions about her oxygen and her feeding tube.

In just a little while we will switch Morgan Kate over to our monitors. We have an apnea monitor that will monitor her heart rate and breathing. We also have a pulse oximeter that will monitor her oxygen and heart rate. These are the monitors we will read and follow throughout the night. Wow! This is so real! I am not sure what time we will leave tomorrow. It may be late morning or early afternoon, but I will try to post tomorrow night to give you all an update.

Please pray that the night goes well and that our trip home tomorrow will be smooth. Please also pray that we will all have strength and courage!

18 comments:

Justin and Jessica Jones said...

Good luck tomorrow. I will be thinking of you guys, and I will say a little prayer during our moment of silence at school for all of you. Love you...miss you...
Jessica

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for Morgan Kate and ya'll! I'm sure you'll all do great! Take care.

God Bless,
Amy

The Q family said...

Have fun bringing your precious girl home tomorrow!!! We will continue to pray for your sweet girl and for you as you adjust to life as it changes! Enjoy every minute, they pass by ever too quickly!

The Leviners said...

This is so exciting to hear!! You and Travis are going to do great tomorrow and for the days to come. Sam said he said an extra prayer for you guys today! Just breathe and be the wonderful mommy you are!
Love you so very much,
Melissa

amanda pyle said...

WOW! I can't believe that Morgan Kate is coming home tomorrow. What a blessing!! She is truely your little miracle:)
You and Travis are exceptional parents, and Morgan Kate is very lucky to have such a wonderful Mommy & Daddy! I KNOW you guys are going to do so well when you bring your little angel home.
I know it will be a while before you can have visitors (and we totally understand - we definitely want MK to stay healthy), but if you need ANYTHING, please call us. We can run to the store, bring you something to eat, whatever you need:)
Kiss MK for me and tell her that I can't wait to get my hands on her:)
xoxo
AA

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about you all day! I was so glad to see that you had time to post and share all of your good news. I know that tomorrow will be a great day! Good luck!
Wendy H.

Monica said...

Oh what a treat to see that you had already posted for the day. I can only imagine how you are feeling. I know that tomorrow will be a wonderful day! Everyone is so excited for your family. Much love,
monica

Anonymous said...

God bless you all tonight and for all your days to come.....You will remain in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

It is just like Christmas! God has prepared you for this moment. Have confidence in his ability to provide for your every need. We love you! Aunt Terry

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day! I know tonight will go well and even better tomorrow when you say goodbye to room #8. Although I know you'll miss all the wonderful nurses and doctors that have taken such great care of Morgan Kate! I'll be thinking about you all day and can't wait to hear about it. Congrats!! PS...have Kyle or Owens take a bunch of pics:) We love you guys, Kelly & Tommy

Anonymous said...

We are so incredibly excited for Morgan Kate and your family. We have read your blogs and prayed for your little miracle nightly from the start and it brought tears to our eyes that she is finally coming home. You guys are amazing parents and will do just fine!! Shes a very lucky, very beautiful little girl. Keep us all posted!

-Elizabeth Bozard Graham and family

Anonymous said...

I am SO happy for you and also feeling like I am loosing you guys...it won't be the same having another baby in room 8!! I read my card in the parking lot last night and cried all the way home...I can honestly say no one has ever made me feel so appreciated!! Some have come close.

I will try and be up in the morning to say goodbye..if I miss you....you know where I am :)

MUCH love!

Jill

Anonymous said...

I hope you got some rest - I was awake all throughout the night - just praying and thinking of all 3 of you. I am SO excited about today - I will see you shortly as we bring our angel baby home! Yall are the best! Love you so very much - Kaky (aka Morgan Kate's grandmother - I like saying that)

Anonymous said...

I hope last night went well. I'll be thinking of you all day today! SO excited for you!!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to mention that we used to go to Dr. G and she is great, she is very calm and understanding. I am sure you will love her and now that she is so close to the house that is great. The only reason we stopped going to her was b/c she left Palmetto Peds and we could not get an apt with her. Courtney still takes Cooper to her.
I hope all goes well today. I am so happy for all of you!
Linday M

Anonymous said...

Heather and Travis,
Congratulations!! You have been waiting for this day for so long and finally it is here - just in time for Christmas!!!
We are praying for yall and hope that we can see Morgan Kate soon.
Take Care.
Love
Liz and Tony Mitchum

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that you are home today. I am saying a prayer for complete peace, calmness as you manage the new equipment, and absolute JOY in knowing that Christ is our protector and knows everything we need even before we ask.

Love to you,
Robin Cox

katiebeth said...

I could hardly sleep today wondering how your day has gone! We all stood at the entrance to Morgan Kate's room tonight when we got here and felt a little sad- but so happy that you all have finally gotten to take our little bugger home! Please keep us updated- we are praying for you!

~ Your loving NICU nurses :)