Sunday, December 7, 2008

Happy 15 Weeks, Morgan Kate!

I've been sitting at my computer now for over 45 minutes trying to post a picture of Morgan Kate. Today is 15 weeks! After numerous failed attempts I am giving up. I promise I will try again tomorrow (hopefully). While sitting here I have also been thinking about how tonight is the last night I will sit at this computer and wonder about how and what Morgan Kate is doing. The next time I sit at this very spot Morgan Kate will be home and I will know exactly what she is doing. Wow! It still doesn't seem real.

Today was a great day for all three of us. Trav and I cleaned out both vehicles, did the laundry, tested the car seat in the vehicles, vacuumed and mopped the floors, vacuumed the furniture, finalized Morgan Kate's room and made a trip to Wal-Mart. Afterward we headed to see our baby girl. While we were there she slept a little, but was awake for most of the time. I fed her a bottle at 6pm and she did fabulous. I am so very proud of her! She took the entire thing - all 64ccs - in about twenty five minutes. She burped well and even fussed a little when I took the bottle away so that I could burp her. It was so nice to feed her and not have to fight her. Her oxygen was below 25ccs for most of the day. Tonight when we left she was as low as she could go and she was still reading high. Amazing! Tonight was bath night so we helped bathe her, weigh her and get her dressed. She was quite fussy during her bath, but I think she was super tired. By this point she had been awake for quite a while. When we finished dressing her I swaddled her in a blanket and after only rocking her for about ten minutes she was out like a light. 

Don't get me wrong, we are SUPER excited about Morgan Kate coming home. We have never wanted anything more in our entire lives. But today was a little sad. We had to say good-bye to some of our terrific nurses and other staff. They won't be there on Tuesday when we leave so we said goodbye today. Trav said I did a good job. I hate goodbyes. Really I do. Typically I cry and get very emotional, but today I kept it together. These wonderful, awesome people have been with us since day one on August 24th. They have taught Travis and I how to care for our precious little girl. They have seen our highs and many of our lows. They have loved and cared for our baby girl each and every day. These "angels" will always hold a special place in our hearts. When Morgan Kate grows up I will tell her all about these "angels". 

Well, tomorrow night is the night we "room in". Trav is working tomorrow, but once he gets home we will head to the hospital. We will then assume all responsibilities - feeds, meds, adjusting oxygen, etc. Tuesday morning there will be some discharge stuff to take care of and then we will be on our way home. HOME - can you believe it? Oh my goodness how we have longed for this day. We are a ball of excitement and nerves. My mom, dad and brothers will be with us on Tuesday and then my mom will be staying with us. Praise the Lord! I have asked her to stay and help out until Morgan Kate is at least twenty-five. Ha! God has been with us each step of the way and we know he will continue to be with us. We pray for strength and courage. 

Several people have commented, "I hope you continue to keep up with the blog", "Be sure to update when you can", or "I hope you will keep posting pictures." Don't worry a bit! I promise I will continue with the blog. I will update and I will post pictures. I am very much addicted to the "blog world". Now, I may not be able to post every night especially when Morgan Kate first comes home, but I promise it will be frequently. You have all been so good to us and so faithful in thoughts and prayers. You have seen the beginnings of our little one and we want you to continue watching her grow and seeing God's miraculous work. Thank you, thank you, thank you! 

19 comments:

Monica said...

I'll be thinking about you all today!
monica

Anonymous said...

Good Morning! What an exciting time! I am jealous and want your mom to come stay with me through Maggie's teenage years. I will come and help you with Morgan Kate :)! We had baby dedication at church yesterday, and it was so sweet. So many thoughts went through my head. Children are a gift from God, and we should thank him for every minute. We are praying that this tranistion goes well. Love and blessings! Aunt Terry

PS Please read to Morgan Kate every day!

Anonymous said...

I am sure you didn't sleep much at all last night. I can only imagine the excitement your family must have. Bringing Morgan Kate home tomorrow will be the biggest blessing and the best Christmas present you could ever ask for. I know y'all will do a wonderful job and have the best time with her at home. Please post pictures of her at home ASAP. Love y'all!

Jessa

Anonymous said...

There are no words to express how happy I am for you!! Continuing to pray!!

By the way, so glad you're going to keep bloging. :)

The Leviners said...

WOW! I am super excited for you guys! What a wonderful day it will be when she comes home! You, Travis, and Morgan Kate continue to remain in my daily thoughts and prayers!
Love and Prayers,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about you today and Ellen and I have been sitting her talking about how excited you must be today. What a blessing that your family can be there with you tomorrow and that Morgan Kate will be home for Santa. We are so happy for you!
Wendy H and Ellen

Anonymous said...

Thank You God!!!!!!

How wonderful she is going home to Mommy and daddy!!!!!!!

I am so excited for you all.

Christmas came early!!!!

You will still be in my houghts and prayers!!!!!

Hollie Heming said...

I will pray for everything to stay on track for your homecoming. I cannot even begin to imagine how you're feeling! I am so excited!!! I know Lola and Cash can't wait too :). You and Travis are going to be fine. Morgan Kate is very lucky!! Much, much love to you all!

Anonymous said...

YEAH! I am so happy for all of you. I know you are just on top of the world right now and how exciting that you get to bring her home. I hope that all goes well and that you all have an awesome Chrismtas together. Take care and congrats!
Lindsay M

Anonymous said...

This day is an answer to so many prayers!! You must be so excited (and scared too), but you now know that you and Travis have strength beyond anything you ever imagined! We are so happy for you!! :) Jenny

Anonymous said...

Wow coming home.. Seems like yesterday that little angel came in this world. It had been so amazing to watch her grow and get healthy.
I am so excited you guys are coming home. You will have the best christmas ever.
Keep us posted cause I am very addicted to watching this little angel grow!
Love
Celeste Soles Zeigler

Anonymous said...

I told Melinda your homecoming news and needless to say we are all very excited for you. I know you will have plenty of support from your family. If you need anything or need us to run anywhere for you, just ask.

Keith, Melinda, and Megan

Jill said...

Congratulations on Morgan Kate's homecoming! I remember that time with Mason like it was yesterday. The excitement and fear all rolled into one. I'm looking forward to reading more.

Jill

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah. We're so excited for you. God has surely blessed you with a very precious gift.

Dave, Brandy, Josie & Wes

Kara Corbett said...

Congrats Heather! I cannot even imagine how you and Travis are feeling...EXTATIC! This will be a Christmas you will never forget. I am so happy for you guys. You will continue to be in my prayers as you adjust to home life! You will be great as you have been all this time! I too am addicted to reading your blog everyday, so thank you for keeping up with it and sharing with all of us!

Kara Corbett

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am filled with so much joy for you and Travis! ~ They will enter Zion with singing;
everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee! ~ Isaiah 35:10 ~ Praise GOD!

God Bless,
Amy Walling

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for the whole family! What a wonderful time to be bringing home a precious baby girl, right here at Christmas! Good luck with everything and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Love,
Roddey

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!! I know you are excited. This will be a very special day for your family. Take it slowly and remember how strong you are as a mommy and daddy.

Morgan Kate is a special gift.
Wendy S.

THE SPIVEY"S said...

Oh, how I am full of happy tears for you and Travis. I know that this is the most wonderful feeling in the whole world. Things are so wonderful when you have them home with you. Shaun, Christian and I will continue to keep all three of you in our thoughts and prayers. I was talking to Christian the other night about you and Morgan Kate (readng him your blog). He was just looking at me and giving me big smiles...it was amazing. He can't wait to meet her :)