Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Everyone comments about how Morgan Kate looks like Travis. I keep waiting for someone, even if it's just one person, to tell me that Morgan Kate looks a little like me. Just yesterday one of my dear friends and neighbors, Mary, said that she could see some resemblance. Oh, how exciting! Don't know if you truly meant it, but THANK YOU! Anyway, thought I would share what I guess Travis would look like in a dress and leg warmers. Isn't he she the cutest?After five months, two weeks and three days Morgan Kate will be sleeping without oxygen for the first time. Yes, that's right. We have been given the green light to take Morgan Kate off of oxygen at all times. We are going to closely monitor her for the next few days (I will probably monitor for the next few weeks/months). If her numbers drop then we will just put the oxygen back on. Otherwise, she is off of the O2. Oh my goodness! It was so strange getting her ready for bed tonight and not putting the cannula on. I actually got it out and got it ready before remembering that she didn't need it. I still can't believe she is off of it completely. She has come such a long way and we couldn't be happier. 

Our appointment with Dr. Brown went well. There are two pulmonologists in the practice and they are both named Dr. Brown, but are not related. I happen to find that interesting. We saw the "other" Dr. Brown today. He was really great and gave us a lot of good information. Morgan Kate will get her last RSV shot for the season next month. After March we have the go ahead to have visitors and go visiting ourselves. Dr. B said that we need to limit the number of visitors at a time - meaning she still doesn't need to be in a large crowd. While she no longer requires oxygen she is still more susceptible to things. He said no trips to the mall, no daycare, no church and not to be around a lot of other kiddos. Way too many germs. He said to make sure that everyone we visit or have visiting is healthy, healthy, healthy. No runny noses, coughs, sneezes or sore throats. And that everyone must wash their hands thoroughly. I told him that all of you were good hand washers!

After a long day, a doctor visit and a shot Morgan Kate was pooped. This was her at about 8pm tonight. We were supposed to be getting her ready for bed, but she had other plans.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather I think Morgan Kate has your beautiful eyes and Travis' beautiful smile. That is a very special combination. So thankful that she has made so much progress. She has grown so much in almost 6 months. It is hard to believe that she is almost 6 months. In another few months she will be 1 year. Love the pictures thanks for sharing and being so faithful to keeping up with the blog. It is the next best thing to being there. Hugs and Kisses to all of you.

Love,
Aunt J

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Morgan Kate on coming off of the oxygen. how exciting!!!

I know the feeling when Alexandrea came off hers. It still is an awesome feeling.

Alexandrea also received her 3rd rsv shot today, it made her cranky, poor baby, She screamed when I had to go to work this afternoon even though she was with daddy. It made my afternoon so hard. I couldn't wait till I came home to have snuggles with her. Mom came home and relived dad of the baby duties, he said she cried anytime he would try and put her down but was content if held, She already has daddy wrapped around his little finger.

Morgan kate is so addorable, and even though I have never met you in the pictures I have seen, i think she does look a little like you both, Sometimes I think , a stranger can see these better than family.

Good luck with the oxygen tonight, may she do weell and never have togo on it again.

becky

The Fricks said...

That picture of her in leg warmers is adorable! I'm glad she's progressing so well. Congratulations Morgan Kate for being such a fighter (and good luck mommy and daddy in the future...ha!)

Dave, Brandy, Josie & Wesley

Hollie Heming said...

WOW! The news just keeps getting better. Go Morgan Kate! She is so precious, Heather! I absolutely cannot wait for the day I get to see you both up close and in person. Sounds like we may have to wait for Will to meet her though. That's okay, though. Luckily he is very patient and can meet his pretty girl later when she's ready :). Love you!

Anonymous said...

Great news!!!! This is remarkable to be off the o2 at 6 months- most premies her age require o2 for the first year. "Little Travis" is adorable in her dress and leg warmers!:) Sorry Heather.
Love,
Peggy Callahan

THE SPIVEY"S said...

That is AWESOME news. I am so excited to hear that she is doing great; however, I would not have thought anything different. She is so cute in that first picture and don't you just love the sleeping on your chest. It is so hard to move Christian when he is sleeping on us like that because he looks so comfortable...just as Morgan Kate does. How cute.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Heather I really think that MK looks like you thru the eyes. I have thought that all along. She is such a precious little girl. I cannot tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog and getting updates from Kaky. Every time you post a picture, I go back and forth about which one I like the best and my pick so far ..... the one in the stroller with the white hat ..... she is a hat girl for sure. Take care and I will be talking with you soon.

Shelly

amanda pyle said...

absolutely the MOST precious baby ever!!! it was so good to see her in person...for everybody else who is reading this, i just happened to be walking at the same time they were. don't worry, i stayed far away!
mk has gotten so big:) i could bite her cheeks off. i'm counting down the days until i can hold her. you guys are sooooo blessed with an amazing little girl. i hope all is going well with the "no oxygen" thing.
it was also really good to talk with you heather. you're are an amazing person and an even more amazing mom (travis i think you are a pretty fantastic dad too). don't forget to call us if you need anything. we love all 3 of you:)