Monday, February 23, 2009

Just wanted to give a BIG thanks to all those ladies out there who were honest. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am sure it took some courage, but it sure did help this mommy feel better about things.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday Raven and I gave a baby shower for our dear, dear friend Melissa. She and her husband, Sam, are expecting their first baby - a girl - at the end of March. Her name will be Caroline Faye Leviner. We had such a great time and Melissa got so many nice things for Caroline. 



It was good to get out for a bit and see people that I hadn't seen in quite some time. On my way to the shower I stopped by the grocery store and ended up spending half an hour in there because I ran into my sweet, sweet friend Monica who I haven't seen in a very long time. I was thrilled to see her and catch up. 

I missed my little one tremendously and I was anxious to get back home and hold her in my arms. She was fast asleep in her swing when I got home, but awakened shortly thereafter. Travis said she was a little angel for him and even took two naps. Ok, what am I doing wrong? I am with her everyday and we can't seem to get naps under control. He tells me that I am too quick to pick her up and that I need to let her fuss just a little. He is so smart isn't he? Hee, hee! He's actually pretty incredible. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Six months ago tonight I was lying in my hospital bed talking with my mom. I had had a really good day and several visitors. Travis and I felt really confident about things so he had decided to go home for the night while my mom stayed with me. I had eaten Lizard's Thicket for dinner and had the best sweet tea. Around 9pm I had what I thought was an excruciating stomache. In hindsight I actually think my placenta was rupturing at that very moment, if it's possible to feel that. The pain passed after about an hour and I was fine. My mom and I actually stayed up rather late just talking and discussing how long I would be in the hospital and just when would Morgan Kate be arriving. Little did we know that we would be meeting her in just a few short hours. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow we have our follow-up appointment with the GI doctor. I am curious to see how he thinks Morgan Kate is doing. She is eating better and is now taking about 80ccs every four hours. We are 10ccs short of three ounces. She is still spitting up a good bit, but nothing like before. I pray that she continues to do well with feedings. 

7 comments:

Kathy Hardison said...

Happy 6th month, Morgan Kate! You are such an angel baby. I hope you have a good appt this afternoon. Love you bunches and bunches! Kaky

Hollie Heming said...

Wow! I can't believe both our babies are six months old! It's passing too quickly. I am so glad you were able to spend some time with your friends on Sunday. I know it felt good and I'm sure it did you lots of good to be "Heather" for a while. I can't wait to see you hopefully sometime soon! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Happy 6th month to MK !!!! Time flies .... Charlie is 13 today and seems like just yesterday he was that little 6 lb. baby boy we were bringing home from the hospital. Cannot wait to meet MK in person and see you again too. Give Travis a big "HELLO".

Shelly

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 6 MONTH OLD BIRTHDAY, Morgan Kate! Hard to believe all that was 6 months ago. Look how much she has grown and how far she has come...what a miracle. Can't wait to see that tiny miracle face to face real soon. Love you and miss you!

Jessa

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe it has been 6 months since that eventful Sunday afternoon! I love the new pictures and can hardly wait for the day we can see MK in person.
You and Travis are doing a wonderful job as parents!

Love ya!
Jackie

monica said...

Oh my goodness! Six months? You know, we only have 65 more days of school left? Well, you are lucky to be at home--but for those of us longing for summer that is what we have left days wise.
It was SOOOO good to see you Sunday--the very minute that Wade got home I had to tell him that I saw you. I miss you more than you know! But you are at home being the best mom ever!! Happy 6 months. This summer, you will HAVE to come over and visit--don't forget, we have a POOL. The boys don't even like to go out there with me so your company would be much appreciated.
You stay tuned for my BLOG--it's going to happen, promise. Hugs and kisses to y'all. Much love,
monica

Anonymous said...

Sure do miss your update each day. Last Wed. has been a really

long time. We all look forward to this blog with much "awe".

Enjoy K & L. It won't be much longer before I can see her.

NACAPENDA
MJ