Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My baby girl is not quite six months old and we are already having "clothes issues".

First issue at hand, Morgan Kate does NOT like for me to put anything over her head. Therefore, anytime I try to slip a shirt over her head or pull a onesie on she screams at the top of her lungs. Now for quite some time, up until last week actually, we didn't really even attempt to pull things on over her head because of the cannula. Way too much work involved! I was so excited about being done with the cannula because there were numerous onesies I was dying for her to wear. I always thought she would be a diaper and onesie kind of girl. I think I was wrong. Maybe she's not happy about it because she's just not used to it. However, for the past three nights I have attempted to pull something over her head and she has screamed each time. The first two nights I ended up winning. I won because I was quick and I was singing at the top of my lungs , which she happens to like. (Trav doesn't really like it, but MK does.) Tonight I lost and just gave up. 

Second issue, finding clothes that fit. Morgan Kate will be six months next week, but she doesn't wear clothes according to her birthdate. She wears clothes according to her due date (December 3rd). Baby clothes are just like all the other clothes out there. Sometimes a size fits perfectly, sometimes the same size is a little too snug, and other times that same exact size is too big or too long. All newborn labels read 5-8 pounds. Well, my little love bug is ten and a half pounds and width wise the newborn clothes work. They just happen to be about three centimeters too short and her toes have no where to go. So, I attempt to try 0-3 month clothes. Some fit perfectly, others are too small and then others are way too large. Our "fit perfectly" pile is way smaller than the other piles. And 3 month clothes? Ha! Not even going there. My baby girl gets lost in those clothes.

Thankfully these are both very small issues. She will eventually (hopefully) allow me to put things over her head or else her selection is going to very limited. There may be a lot of button up shirts in her future. And she is going to continue to grow each day and those 3 month clothes will eventually fit. I am just glad we aren't having to deal with short shorts or revealing shirts. Yet. I should probably go ahead and start praying for that now.


Naptime. Our morning nap didn't work out too well because our home health nurse came by. Morgan Kate slept for a little while this morning, but then our nurse needed to check her temp and things like that. However, this afternoon MK napped for almost two and a half hours. I was actually able to get a little laundry done and cook dinner. Most of the time I was in her room just "checking in" and watching my angel sleep. So peaceful. 

So peaceful earlier today, but she is giving her Daddy a fit right now. He just finished feeding her and it's bedtime, but she's not cooperating. 

10 comments:

monica said...

I am laughing out loud! Maybe Morgan Kate just doesn't want any clothes on at all.
Kyle was the kind of sleeper that would scream the moment you put him down. Wyatt, on the other hand, was an angel sleeper. You just never know what they will do.
I'm glad to hear that y'all are doing well though. I can't wait to meet Morgan Kate face to face! You know I miss and love you lots.
monica

Elizabeth Graham said...

Oh goodness. Noah was the same exact way. I dreaded having to get his dressed. Id have to pass him off to Allen who had way more patience. We had a lot of button up onesies and shirts with the neck stretched out because Id put it on him by pulling it up. Hes 19 months and he still isnt a fan of something going over his head. It does get better though! And yes thank God we arent worrying about tube tops and the shorts that barely cover the butt-al region yet!

Good luck with the naps!! We're still working with Juliana. This mommy stuff is hard isnt it? :-)

Anonymous said...

So glad you guys are doing well. At this age Mommy or Daddy will win. At 18 years Well let's start praying now and we will have no worries. Love you guys.

Hug and kiss MK for us.

Love,

Aunt Jan

Kathy Hardison said...

Try putting bonnets on her head! he he - Love you

Hollie Heming said...

Just wait! One day, she'll love clothes and shopping and hairbows and all that girly stuff! Can't wait to hear you tell stories of those times. :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me like this smart little girl has already figured out how to get her way!
So glad she is doing well.
Ann Hamrick

Deni said...

Ah the clothing issue! Parker has it too...he is almost 9 months and still only wears 0-3 month onesies and 3-6 month sleepers. He's super long, but the onesies are still ok. It's a trial and error thing. I got to the point where I would rather the clothes be too big than too small.

Parker used to scream too when it came to pulling things over his head. He did if for a couple weeks then was fine...just stopped. I am sure Morgan Kate will get used to it.

Sounds like overall things are good!

Liz said...

OMG...I just got a chance to watch the video because for once I am not checking it from my blackberry. Morgan Kate is the cutest, sweetest baby I have ever seen!! I laughed, and cried and cried and laughed and smiled ALOT!! That is such a sweet video and she is growing SO much!!! Hope ya'll are well and can't wait to see ya'll!!

Anonymous said...

Well, well MK is her mother's child--
knows what she wants and voices her opinion...Ha Ha...When you get a chance --please put a canula free photo of MK at the top of her blog..
We can't meet yet - but I want to see all of her pretty face..
Love ya, Aunt Rhonda

Anonymous said...

I love "Doll Baby's" smiling picture; What a joy!

Glad got good Dr.;s ckup yesterday

love ya.

nacapenda

Can't wait until Apr.!!!!