Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Morgan Kate's early interventionist, Julie, came today for our weekly visit. She hasn't been in two weeks because she (Julie) was sick. The minute she walked through the door she commented on how much Morgan Kate had grown. It's true. Our baby is growing, growing, growing. I pulled out our tape measure just the other day and she was exactly 24 inches long or two feet tall. And almost twelve pounds. She sure has come a long way! 

While Julie was here we worked on tummy time (extended), rolling over from tummy to back and back to tummy. Morgan Kate also had to do a few baby crunches, track an object and look at herself in a mirror. She's got the tracking and mirror stuff down pat. The only thing she isn't too interested in is grabbing or touching objects. She will watch things for the longest time and you can tell she really, really wants to grab them, but so far she hasn't. I'm pretty sure it will happen soon though. I mean one day she was wanting to roll over and the next day she just did it. Everything will happen in HER time. Physical therapy will come out sometime in the next few weeks to do an evaluation just to make sure everything is a-okay. 

---------------------------------------------------------------
Tonight as we were eating dinner Travis said, "Morgan Kate may look like me, but she is shaping up to act just like you." I must admit, he's right. I'll elaborate.

1. Morgan Kate loves to watch herself in the mirror.
I admit it. It's true. I also like looking in mirrors. I know it sounds so strange and so vein, but I don't mean it that way. I'm not admiring myself or checking myself out. I just like to watch myself do things. For example, when I'm talking on the phone I like to watch myself talk. When I was younger my seat at the dinner table was directly in front of a window so that I could watch myself eat and talk. I know it sounds absolutely ridiculous. It looks like Morgan Kate might be the same way. When we are bathing her she will break her neck to watch herself in the mirror. She loves for me to just stand in front of a mirror and dink her. She will smile and coo all day long. My entire family thinks it's hilarious that she loves a mirror as much as I do. (By the way, I can't believe I just told you all that I love looking in mirrors. This mommy business has made me way too honest.)

2. Morgan Kate does not like to be alone.
For those who know me well you know that occasionally I like some "me time", but for the most part, and I mean most, I love to be around other people. I hate being alone. When I was little I didn't really even like going to the bathroom alone. (Okay, that was honesty at its best.) When Travis and I first got married and he had to go out of town for work I would call my brother or Raven and beg one of them to come stay with me. Morgan Kate is a lot like this and I really think it's probably my fault. She is perfectly content on the floor, in her swing, in the boppy seat, really anywhere - as long as you are in the room with her. The minute you walk out she gets really unhappy. What can I say? She apparently is a people person and there is nothing wrong with that.

3. When the girl is tired, she is tired. And cranky.
I am usually very happy and easy to get along with. Morgan Kate is too. However, the minute I get tired or I feel like I need a nap I tend to get a little cranky. Morgan Kate does too. One minute Morgan Kate will be smiling and laughing and the next minute that can all change and all she wants to do is dream sweet little dreams. 

What can I say? My daughter is a lot like me. And I don't mind one bit. And I honestly don't think it bothers Travis at all. He just likes to have something to pick at me about. 

5 comments:

Kelly Lee said...

What a sweet post tonight! Like mother, Like daughter. I know Trav doesn't mind one bit...it's perfect. She couldn't take after a better person:) Such great news about her growth and report with Julie. Please give her hugs and kisses! Love you guys!

Stephanie said...

Two peas in a pod! :)

jan kessler said...

That is such a special post. Morgan Kate has taken after both her parents. What a lovely combination to have especially after her two wonderful parents. So glad she has received a good report from her interventionist, We love you guys.

Love,

Aunt Jan and MaMa

The Fricks said...

That's a cute post. Both of my babies look exactly like Dave, but he says they act just like me. Of course, he usually says this when they are fighting with each other (and yes they do this already) or they are throwing a fit in the middle of the grocery store or something, but I do take pride in the fact that they got something from me :) Your posts area always so cute! And Morgan Kate does look like she's growing. What a blessing.

Anonymous said...

Pretty Girl--worrying is really
'JUST A MOMMY THING' and guess what---it goes on throughout life, even in adulthood. That beautiful baby girl will always be YOUR CHILD, even in marriage and old age!!!! Every gray hair is definitely worth it!
love ya. nacapenda mj