Sunday, March 8, 2009

A wonderful weekend with family equals lots of loving for Morgan Kate. 

My parents came Friday night to visit and spend the night. They said they were coming to see all of us, but I think they really came for Morgan Kate. :) My parents haven't been able to visit in over three weeks and it was killing all of us. It was so good to see them and spend quality time together. Not only did they visit, but they also cooked us dinner. Fried oysters to be exact. Yummy, yummy! My daddy cooks the BEST fried oysters and my mom makes a "killer" apple crisp. 

Saturday morning my mom and I got out for a for a few hours to run some errands and have lunch together. It was so very nice to catch up and just hang out. I so wish we lived closer to each other. Saturday afternoon was spent loving on Morgan Kate, strolling around the neighborhood, napping, and more loving on Morgan Kate. We all hated to see my parents leave Saturday night. The weekends just aren't long enough!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Some of you may be wondering about our schedule and what we ended up doing. Well, I am happy to report that we went back to our original schedule and things are much better. Yes, we went back to waking her up at 1am and then again at 5am. It works for us right now and maybe in a few days I will try letting her sleep through the night again. Maybe. 

However, some things can't be controlled when scheduling is involved. And this week that thing is  - the time change. Oh my goodness! It hit me mid-week that the time was going to change and the worrying began. I must have asked Travis fifty different times, "Do you think our schedule will be disrupted when the time changes?" I was really worried about this. Today things seem to be going fine. Morgan Kate did have a little trouble going to sleep tonight, but I think by tomorrow we will have it all worked out. 




2 comments:

Terry Sowell said...

Glad you had fun with your mom and dad. How special! Love you, Aunt Terry

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that y'all had a great weekend. I know that having your folks here was fun! Hopefully it will stay warm so that your "house arrest" will be over soon.
Wendy H.