Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Every morning I do a quick check of all the blogs I follow to see who has updated. Usually there are three or four blogs that have been updated over the night. This morning I noticed that Kayleigh's blog had been updated. As I clicked on the link and began to read my heart just broke. I was literally in tears. Kayleigh is also a preemie, born exactly two months before Morgan Kate. In those first few weeks after MK's arrival I was so lost. I knew nothing about preemies other than they were SMALL. One night I sat down at my computer and began to "google". I came across several preemie blogs, but Kayleigh's really stood out to me. I guess because she was just a few weeks older than MK. Every night after that I would take time to check in and see how she was doing. I have literally followed their story every single day since late August of last year. Unfortunately, Kayleigh has not been able to go home. That's right. After ten long months she is still there. She has been through so much. She has had so many procedures and surgeries. It's ridiculous what all she has been through. And what her parents have been through. Going back and forth to the NICU for four months was tough enough for me. I can't begin to imagine ten months. Through everything her parents have had such incredible strength and unwavering faith. They are simply amazing. Last week Kayleigh had yet another surgery and as of today things don't look good at all. I am at a loss for words and just feel terrible for this family. Please keep this family and this precious little girl in your thoughts and prayers. 

--------------------
With Kayleigh in the forefront of my mind, it's just another reason the March of Dimes is so very important. I am happy to say that we have well exceeded our goal. I am so thankful for all of the donations and I am super excited for the walk on Saturday. There is still time to donate!!! The purple button on the right will be up until lunchtime tomorrow. Please consider donating to this wonderful organization. 

--------------------
Morgan Kate had her first official physical therapy session today. It's great because we don't have to go anywhere, they come to us. Morgan Kate did a super job and I was so proud of her. We worked really hard on rolling over to both sides (she prefers rolling to the left), reaching and grabbing for objects, putting weight on her feet, and sitting up. We even have "homework" for next week. The physical therapist is great and says she really enjoys working with Morgan Kate. Makes a mommy happy! However, she did say that she can already tell that Morgan Kate is set in her ways. Ha! Wonder who she would get that from...

--------------------
Quick update on the feeding situation. The nurse from our pediatrician's office called back this afternoon. We now have an "equation" for mixing MK's formula. I plan to try this for two weeks, take her back in for a weight check and go from there. Please pray that Morgan Kate will start gaining some weight. 

5 comments:

THE SPIVEY"S said...

I wanted to let you know that I might see you on Sat. at the walk. I will be there walking with a great friend of mine from high school. Her twins were also born at 25 weeks so we are going to walk with her and for them...of course I will be there walking for them, Morgan Kate, Kayleigh, Stellan, Johan, and all the little ones. I hope to see you there. I just donated to your March of Dimes. Sorry it was not alot but I contributed to my friend Christy's. However, every little bit counts. Hope to see you there.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to let you know that we did also contribute money for March of Dimes through our business in honor of Morgan Kate. I think that the fact that their are organizations out their that help families like y'all is wonderful! We still continue to pray daily for MK! God has sent you such a blessing! :)
The Herring's

Stephanie said...

I also saw Kayleighs blog this morning and my mouth fell to the ground. She's been on my mind all day today. Praying that things turn around for her!

Glad that therapy went well...awesome for MK!!!!

Hope the new trick works for the milk and MK starts packing on those pounds :)

Sherry Pyle said...

So funny that she thinks Moran Kate is set in her ways!!
Good for Morgan Kate. A woman's determination will accomplish much, its just directing this that is the challenging part.
She has had to go through a lot and thank goodness she is strong whether it be her will or set in her ways.
You go Morgan Kate!!!
(Now I guess you can tell my grand daughter comes from a long line of set in their ways women!! We will train her too)
Have a great weekend.
She is so beautiful!!!

Sherry Pyle said...

So funny that she thinks Moran Kate is set in her ways!!
Good for Morgan Kate. A woman's determination will accomplish much, its just directing this that is the challenging part.
She has had to go through a lot and thank goodness she is strong whether it be her will or set in her ways.
You go Morgan Kate!!!
(Now I guess you can tell my grand daughter comes from a long line of set in their ways women!! We will train her too)
Have a great weekend.
She is so beautiful!!!