Saturday, May 9, 2009

Apparently Morgan Kate sleeps just as well at my parent's house as I do. And I sleep pretty well, except for maybe last night.

We put Morgan Kate down for bed around 8:30 last night. She was so, so tired, but I figured she would be up for a bottle between 2 - 3, just like always. Wrong. Our baby girl slept until 6:00 this morning. Whoah! I think she just "officially" slept through the night for the very first time. Of course she was sleeping like a "baby", literally, and I woke up almost every hour. My body has become so used to waking up to feed her that I found myself wide awake and checking the clock. Around 5 I became a little worried. However, I could see the lights on her monitor flashing and I could clearly hear her breathing so I knew she was fine and that I needed to settle down. Just a few minutes before 6:00 she was ready to eat.

She was wide awake at 6:00. I didn't think she or I would be going back to bed anytime soon. I had already created a new blog post in my mind about me not being a morning person and how grumpy I am and so forth. Surprise again! After the bottle I put her back in the crib and she slept until 9:45. Oh my goodness! Apparently she was giving her mommy an early Mother's Day gift. Ha. Little does she know, I already have the best gift in the world, HER.

----------------------

For the record, and I am sure many of you already know this, I am fairly confident that I will be slightly emotional tomorrow. As I was watching Regis and Kelly's Mother's Day special Friday morning I was a basket case.

One, I just feel so blessed and so fortunate to have a terrific mother of my own. Simply amazing she is. Unconditional love, incredible strength, unwavering faith, heart of gold...just a few of the "terms" I would use to describe this beautiful lady. I love you Mommy!

Two, I am a mommy. This past year has been such a roller coaster. Very scary days, with lots of unknowns. But tomorrow, I will be celebrating my first Mother's Day with my baby girl. I just look at her and my heart melts. She is the most precious thing I have ever laid eyes on. And I am so lucky to be her mommy.

Happy Mother's Day to all!

--------------------
Oh, and please say a prayer for me tonight. Tomorrow is Morgan Kate's dedication and while I am so excited and absolutely thrilled, I am having slight anxiety about germs.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I am so excited to be the first to comment on your blog and to wish you a Happy First Mother's Day. Your story about MK is so great and encouraging.

As for her dedication tomorrow, have a bottle of hand sanitizer with you and don't be afraid to have people use it.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Heather! How lucky Morgan Kate is to have such a dedicated, strong, incredible person like you to call "mom." Have a great day. Can't wait to see pictures from the dedication this morning! Love y'all!

Jessa