Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas has been so different this year. So different in a good way. It's almost as if I am experiencing Christmas for the very first time. I find myself looking at things and taking things in in a completely different way than before. I find myself appreciating things that used to annoy me. I find myself wanting to hold on to every moment, every minute.





Last year was quite different for us. It was a Christmas with a brand new baby. It was a Christmas with oxygen tanks, feeding tubes, a pulse ox, and a apnea monitor. It was a Christmas with lots of medications and round the clock feedings. It was a Christmas with limited family members and no outside visitors. It should go without saying that we were thrilled to celebrate Christmas at home with our brand new baby girl. But it was still different.





This year it's even more different. And I love it. I can't even really put into words what I am feeling. I have always loved Christmas. It's my absolute favorite time of the year. But this year I have fallen in love with it all over again. Maybe it's because I am getting older. Maybe it's because I have a happy, healthy baby girl. Maybe it's because I am seeing Christmas again through a child's eyes.



I don't know what it is, but I love it.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Christmas through a child's eyes is the most precious thing ever. Merry Christmas Heather. I hope you all have a great time. I can't wait to see pictures of MK tearing into her presents.