Thursday, December 24, 2009

Not only is it Christmas Eve, which I am super excited about. Christmas Eve means candlelight service at church and a spectatcular spread at Mammie's. I can hardly wait. But today also marks Morgan Kate turning 16 months. Oh my!

At 16 months she is:
*sleeping a solid 12-13 hours at night. So very nice!
*taking a sippy cup much more often, but still very partial to her bottles.
*wearing 9-12 month clothes.
*wearing size 3 diaper.
*babbling and using her hands to conversate.
*signing "more".
*say "dada", "kaka", "gaga", and bye.
*crawling everywhere at lightinging speed.
*pulling up on anything remotely stable.
*standing up on her own for very short periods of time.
*cruising and walking behind her push toys.
*has taken two steps all by herself!
*becoming a picky eater. Still loves pears, bananas and pasta.
*loves to dance.
*smiles and laughs all of the time.
*loves to play with friends.
*knows where her head is. (If you ask her where her head is, she will grab her head and smile.)
*knows the word "no", but doesn't always/usually listen.
*cries when she doesn't get her way. Hee hee...
*prefers to go without socks, bows, hats and sometimes shirts.

I still can't believe she is sixteen months old. I know I say that every month, but it's so true. Everything is going so fast and I just want it to all slow down. She is the absolute light of my life and I fall more and more in love with her each and every day. I love you, baby girl!

1 comment:

Justin and Jessica Jones said...

MK is doing so well. You are a fantastic mommy. I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas visiting with your family. Miss ya!