Monday, February 15, 2010

I realize that snow is not exciting for everyone. Especially for those who live in the northern part of our country or for those who experience snow a lot. But for us, well, snow is so very exciting! Occasionally, we get a slight dusting. Matter of fact, last year shortly after we brought Morgan Kate home from the hospital, it snowed for like twenty whole minutes. But, we rarely get snow that actually covers the ground or snow that hangs around for a while.

So, when snow made it our way this weekend we were all elated!


Morgan Kate wasn't real sure what was going on, but Travis and I were giddy with excitement. The snow started Friday afternoon and continued until the wee hours of Saturday morning. The sight we awoke to Saturday was amazing. And of course we ventured out to play.


We played and played and played. We put our feet in it, we put our hands in it and we even built a snowman. Actually, my parents built the snowman and we watched. It was great!


We all had a blast, especially Morgan Kate!


8 comments:

The Fricks said...

Wasn't the snow fun!! I'm glad Morgan Kate enjoyed it!

Jason and Talyse said...

I'm so glad she enjoyed the snow!! What beautiful pictures!

MJP said...

Wow, ya'll had a lot of snow! Feels good to be able to "say" ya'll! I have to say "you guys" up here with the Yankees! LOL:) BTW, I totally get where MK is coming from--I can do without the snow myself!

Kelly Lee said...

Those are the CUTEST pics! MK's personality shines in her pictures! Love the one of the 3 of you...Christmas card-LOL. Wish we'd get snow more often, at least once every winter. Love ya

The Turner Family said...

Snow IS very exciting! I was running around outside and we just got a slight dusting for 20 minutes. This has been the coldest and strangest winter ever!

Loved the pic of you giving MK kisses...so sweet!

Justin and Jessica Jones said...

I love her pink cap and shoes. She is becoming such a big girl. Hey...come eat lunch with us if you can next week...okay?

Anonymous said...

I took some pictures of your house Saturday morning. I will have them printed and drop them off to you. I think Mary took some too, but don't know for sure. We want info on how to contribute to your walk.

Keith, Melinda, and Megan

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I'm glad you got some snow! It looks like she had fun in it!!!