Saturday, February 27, 2010

When I was growing up I didn't really like reading. Sounds funny seeing as if I was/am a teacher. But I didn't. Books were boring to me. I didn't have the focus or attention span for books. And I hated, hated, hated summer reading lists. I don't like when people tell me that I have to read and I especially don't like when people tell me what to read. The only summer reading book I even remember liking was Island of the Blue Dolphins, and maybe The Scarlett Letter, but that was it.

With all of that being said, there was one book I loved when I was younger. Each time I was at my grandmother's (Mammie) house I would read that book. And she would read it to me. It was a hardback book, with no fancy book jacket. It was a mint green color with black and white illustrations on the front. I loved the way the book looked. I loved the way the book smelled. I just loved the book. I remember it was a book about frogs and these frogs were in the bathtub.

Here's the awful part. I don't remember who the main character was - was it a boy or a girl? I think boy. And I can't remember the title of the book. And worst of all, I can't find the book. Mammie and I have looked everywhere and we have had no luck. I have even tried googling every thing possible and still, no book. There has to be someone, somewhere out there who has also read this book and knows what I am talking about.

Have you seen or read this book? Help!

2 comments:

The Leviners said...

I will see if our librarian knows about this book! Surely, we can figure it out!

Anonymous said...

Heather - I sent this post to Lissie - she works at RCPL and is going to have the Childrens librarian look for it! Hope you find it!

Liz