Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thoughts on Thursday

Just some very random thoughts.

Here are some pictures I took today. I love them. I love them because they are of my baby girl, but I also love them because of her outfit. You may not be able to tell, but MK has on a dress, acting as a shirt, and green pants. I LOVE making dresses into shirts. Not on myself of course, but on Morgan Kate. This is actually a 12 month dress, which is her current clothing size, but I have found that while 12 months fits her width wise, they are beginning to be too short length wise (for most things anyway). Maybe she's going to be tall. She definitely wouldn't get that trait from me, but possibly my parents or my brothers or even some of my extended family who range from 5'11" to well over 6 feet.


As of 9:06pm tonight I have received numerous emails requesting shirts and our total is already up to twenty-three. And that doesn't include a majority of my family, whom I am sure will ALL be ordering shirts. Hee, hee! You still have time to order a shirt, just send me an email at morgankatemod@yahoo.com and let me know how many and what sizes. I will get back with you in a few weeks about a final price and how to send me the money. We are only fifteen shirts short of the cost being $5.75. (Hope that made sense!)

Remember, only twenty more days to order a shirt, 42 days to donate money and 44 days until the walk!


Monday we had Morgan Kate's annual review with our early intervention program. In a nutshell, we all get together (me, our early interventionist, our PT and our SLP) and discuss MK. Prior to our meeting our EI had assessed/evaluated MK, just as she did on our very first day. Our EI then gathered information from our PT and SLP. We then all met together and discussed where we are and where to go from here. I don't have the official results, like all the snazzy numbers and percentiles, but I do know that we will continue to have speech twice a week, PT once a week and we will once again be adding OT back into the picture. Oh, and we meet with our EI once a week. Therefore, making our grand total of therapy sessions per week - 5. I also know that MK has made some tremendous progress and has some really, really strong areas, but still also shows a delay in some. I'll be able to give you all more info next week.

And while it's not always comforting or exciting to hear that your child has delays or still needs support in some areas, I am thankful. Thankful for a program that starts so early in a child's life. Thankful for amazing therapists who love us and love Morgan Kate. And thankful that Morgan Kate is receiving just what she needs.


And in a very random thought I just want to mention that ketchup can now be added as a favorite food of Morgan Kate's. Which really comes as no surprise considering that I have some of the world's biggest ketchup supporters in my family. Tonight while dining at McDonald's she repeatedly stuck the same french fry into the ketchup over and over and over. She would stick it in the ketchup, lick it off and stick the same fry in again. All I could do was laugh and watch intently as this little girl grows and changes before my very eyes.

1 comment:

Kelly Lee said...

I'm not sure why she would even like ketchup-LOL!!! That is so funny:) Don't think of it as delays, she's just going to be extra smart from all the extra care. She is truely a miracle. I love when you post pictures and can't believe how much it seems like she grows between each posting. I'm trying to get the head count down my way for t-shirts but I will we ordering one and donating. Love you bunches and can't wait for the walk.