Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dear Morgan Kate,

Today your are 18 months old. Eighteen months! I can hardly believe it. I know I say that about nearly everything, but it's just so true. Life speeds up exponentially when you have a child. Some days I can't wait for the next milestone or the next phase and other days I just want time to be still so I can enjoy every minute and every little detail with you.

Eighteen months is such a fun age! I know, I find myself saying that about every age. You have so much personality. You are so loving and so caring and you want to share everything. You are all over the place. You are walking and crawling and dancing and jumping. You are standing on your tippy toes and bending over to pick every little thing up. You are babbling more and talking some. You have a few "real" words in your vocabulary, but mostly it's your own language, which I also happen to love. You know how to feed your baby doll and wash her face. You know how to give her "love" and cover her with a blanket. You give Daddy and I hugs and kisses all of the time. You love, love, love Cash and you want Lola to love you, but it hasn't happened quite yet. It will though, I know it. You are eating okay. You like to eat, you just happen to be very picky. And yes, you still take a bottle. The cup will come, one day. You are only napping once a day, but you sleep like a champ at night. You are wearing twelve month clothes and size three diapers. You have THE tiniest feet and still only wear a size two shoe - mostly a size one. Oh, and you have recently begun to fling yourself on the floor and kick your feet when you don't get your way. It's quite amusing.

You bring me such joy and such happiness. Every day I am reminded of how far you have come and what a little fighter you are. Words cannot truly express how much I love you and how much you mean to me. You are my heart, my everything. And I fall more and more in love with you every single day!

I love you sweet girl!
Love,
Mommy

MK with "Sock Man" at 18 months

MK with "Sock Man" at 12 months

MK with "Sock Man" at 6 months

MK with "Sock Man" at birth

9 comments:

Justin and Jessica Jones said...

Such a sweet post. Your baby girl just steals your heart. You are so blessed.

Jason and Talyse said...

Happy 18 months!! What a beautiful miracle!

I tell Kyran and Karyssa all the time that they are my heart. It's the only way to get close to putting it into words!

Devon said...

she is SO big! amazing!!

happy 18 months morgan kate!

Kathy Hardison said...

Truly amazing! Happy 18th month MK! I love you over the moon and back!!!

Anonymous said...

So so cute! Happy 18 months! Keep growin' and smilin' :) We love you, The Burleson clan

Kelly Lee said...

I should have known when it said Dear Morgan Kate my eyes were going to start "salivating". That is so sweet! Happy 18 months to sweet Morgan Kate. Time goes by too fast. Think you need to post a picture of her not getting her way:) Love ya!

amanda pyle said...

happy 18 months, sweet girl! (it really puts it into perspective when you see her growth alongside the 'sock man.')
we're so proud of you! you keep amazing us!
all of our love,
AA and JP

Hollie Heming said...

It's hard to believe that such a little girl with such a big personality was born so tiny. She is a true miracle!! I love her so much! (And her moomy too).

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Happy 18 months, baby girl!