Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Several nights ago I was lying awake in bed wondering where the day had gone. Days around here pass ever so quickly, as I am sure they do for all of you. I was thinking about how lately my "To Do" list gets longer and longer, but my list for what I accomplish each day gets shorter and shorter. I couldn't figure it out. I mean Morgan Kate has been here for eighteen months and up until this point I was still doing a good job of spending lots of time with her and still somehow managing to get some stuff done. But lately I get nothing done. Many, many things have gone neglected and our poor blog is one of those things. I haven't sat down to really write in quite some time. And then the light bulb came on. (I should mention that sometimes my light bulb takes a few minutes.) Ladies and gentleman, I no longer have a baby, I have a toddler. And I no longer have a crawler, I have a walker, exclusively. Therefore, my days of sitting down are O.V.E.R., at least for a while anyway. I should also mention, that I am completely okay with getting nothing done. The laundry can pile up. The dishes can go unattended. The bills can wait a few days. Even the blog will be okay. I have far more important things to do and watch and spend time with.

--------------------
Morgan Kate is seriously walking. EVERYWHERE. I think I mentioned this the other day, but I haven't seen her crawl in days. She is walking all over the house, the yard, her room, the kitchen. She is walking slow and walking fast. She is walking in circles and turning around. She is walking, walking, walking.

--------------------
We had speech this morning and it went great. Today I left feeling so good and with a huge smile on my face. I know I gave an update just the other day, but as I was looking back over it I realized that I had neglected to mention so many things. Things like, Morgan Kate is now saying bubble, ball, hot, pop, hat, and Ca (for Cash, our lab). Things like, Morgan Kate is now signing want, more, and all gone. And she is working so hard on signing banana, apple, up, out, open and book. She is also putting peg puzzles in their correct places and stacking rings on the ring stacker. She can put the shapes in the shape sorter and coins in her piggy bank.

I know I am her mommy, but she still blows me away and just amazes me.

--------------------
I also remembered that I completely forgot to mention that last Friday Morgan Kate received her final RSV shot. And I don't mean the final one for the season, I mean her FINAL one EVER. We are finished. Done. Complete. For the mother of a 25 weeker who had chronic lung disease, that is a breath of fresh air and such a relief. Ahhhhh!

So, now that I have updated my update everyone is updated. Whewh!

--------------------
P.S. Morgan Kate and I wanted to say "Hi" to our new friend and blog reader, Nicole. It was so nice meeting you and we are so thankful that you read our blog. Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wow. You all have been busy. Welcome to the world of toddlerhood. It is challenging but rewarding at the same time.

The Fricks said...

Whoa...slow down MK....you're making my Wesman look like he's behind. He will be 2 in April and he surely wasn't a micro-preemie! We chalk it up to him being a boy :)

Nicole H said...

Hi Heather and Morgan Kate!
It was so nice to meet the two of you the other day. I have told the "I met Morgan Kate and Heather story" to everyone who knows that I follow your blog. It still brings me to tears to think about it!! Thank you so much for sharing your sweet, precious Morgan Kate with all of us. I hope to see you again (during one of our many, many "Wal-Mart runs").

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Welcome to the fun of having a toddler! Enjoy your time with her. The days go faster and faster, and before you know it, another year will have gone by. You're right-everything else can wait. Focus on her!