We have had quite a few firsts this week. And no they didn't all happen on Friday, but I thought it would be a good way to wrap up the week.
1. This week Morgan Kate said pizza, blanket (blanka) and meow. She has said Lola before, but never consistently. This week that has all changed. She now says Yo-Ya all the time. Oh, and she also likes to chirp like the birds do. And she might have said mama. I say might because it's very debatable and it's not really mama. When I ask her to say mama or I repeat it for like the 1000th time that day she will "Ma-Pa" or "PaPa". Seriously. At first I thought it was just a coincidence, and maybe she didn't understand. But after about three days of the same thing happening over and over, I really think that "Ma-Pa" is her version of mama. And I'm not really sure how I feel about that.
2. She is quite the little helper. She loves to help load the dryer and she desperately wants to help fold clothes. She's got the dryer part all figured out, but we are going to have to work some on folding.
3. Tonight she got her first real "boo boo". These days she is walking super fast, almost running, and as she was running down the driveway, she tripped and scraped her little knee. Nothing that a few of Mommy's kisses couldn't fix!
4. She can now point to her head, hair, eyes, nose, mouth and bellybutton. (Sometimes ears.) She loves her bellybutton and says "beh-e-bu". Oh my, it's the cutest thing ever.
5. This week I have also seen a new streak of her personality. A streak that makes me very afraid for her teenage years. A streak that includes biting me once when she didn't get her way and rolling her eyes when I told her "No". Yikes! The rolling of the eyes is hard to explain. She didn't actually roll her eyes, but it was very similar and I just can't think of a better explanation. I was telling her no because she was playing with an electrical cord. After about the third time, she looked at me like I was absolutely ridiculous, very gently closed her eyes, stood there for about one second and then very slowly turned her head to the right with eyes still closed. It looked just like something a fifteen year old would do. I had such mixed feelings. Part of me wanted to laugh out loud hysterically because it was funny, but the other part of me was just so sad.
She is just literally growing and changing every single day, right before my eyes. Every day she is doing something new or saying a new word. It just blows my mind. She is so amazing and I couldn't love her more!