Thursday, April 8, 2010

Life is precious.

I know this. I always have. I think everyone knows this. I think for me, it became especially true once I became a mother and even more so because for the first few weeks of my child's life we didn't know what the future might hold.

Lately, I have been reminded on more than one occasion just how precious life is.

Yesterday marked the one year passing of a beautiful little girl named Maddie. I've never met her in real life. I don't know her parents personally. But, I have followed their story. I found their blog over a year ago and began reading. I was captivated by the little girl and her story. She too was a preemie and she too was doing so very well, until April 7th of 2009 when suddenly she was taken from this world. For the past year her parents have been in such pain and agony. Their hearts were/are broken. And to be honest, so was mine. My heart ached for her parents and her family. Many nights I have sat at my computer, reading their blog through teary eyes. There are days when Heather's (the mother) posts literally make it hard to catch my breath. And although a year has passed things are still hard for her parents, her family and even her blog followers.

Yesterday morning I learned that a very close family friend lost one niece in a terrible car accident and another niece was taken to the hospital immediately. Again, my heart just ached. I had a lump in my throat for most of the day. I personally think death is hard at any age. I don't like when people die.

Some days I get so caught up in the bills, and the dishes, and the laundry, and the "to do" list and I forget to focus on the snuggles, and giggles, and kisses, and even the tantrums. I don't want to be that way. I don't want to overlook even a second of Morgan Kate's life.

And I want Morgan Kate to know how precious her life is to me.

No comments: