Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dear Morgan Kate,

Today you are twenty-two months old. That may not seem like a big deal to you, but it is to your mommy. You are only eight weeks away from being two. Two whole years old. I still can't believe how fast time is passing. People always said it would fly by. Your grandaddy once told me, "It will all go so fast. One minute she's wearing diapers and then you blink your eyes and she's leaving for college". I didn't believe him or anyone else. Until now.

There are days where I am eager to see what the future holds. I want to see what you will look like and how you will act. Will your hair stay light or turn brown like your daddy's? Will you grow hair? Ha, ha! Just kidding. Will you be a procrastinator like me or will you get things done quickly like your daddy does? Will you have his legs or mine? Will you like shopping or fishing? And then there are days where I just want to freeze time and keep you this way. Keep us this way. You are just the most precious thing ever. I love you more than words or actions could ever show. You make me smile like never before. You make me think and worry about things that I have never imagined. I love how you love me. I love how you want to hug me and snuggle me. I love how you play in my hair and surprise me with kisses. I love how you cling to my leg when we meet someone new and bury your face in my shoulder. I even love how you call me "Bah-bee". (Well, kind of.) I love how you are a total mommy's girl. And I revel in every single minute because I know that someday you are going to be a daddy's girl. You are growing and changing so much. Not only in size, but in personality and attitude. You definitely know what you want and you don't stop until you get it.

I love you so much and I am so thankful for everyday with YOU.

Love you muches and muches,
Your Bah-bee




3 comments:

jan kessler said...

Happy 22 months old also. We love so much.

Love.

Aunt Jan and MaMa

Kathy Hardison said...

Happy 22th month MK! I love you to the moon and back.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

What a sweet letter to your baby girl...and sweet picture to go with it! Happy 22 months, MK!