Monday, July 12, 2010

This past weekend Travis and I did something we have never done before.

For the first time since Morgan Kate's birth (other than when she was in the hospital) we left her overnight. We survived. She survived. And we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Of course most of that enjoyment came from the fact that we knew we were leaving her in the best of care. We're not sure who had more fun. The two of us, Morgan Kate, or Kaky and Gator?

My parents, along with most everyone else we know, have been trying to convince us for months to go off and enjoy a night to ourselves. But we just weren't ready. Until now I don't think either of us had any desire to leave her. Seriously. We had to leave her almost every night for the first 107 days of her precious little life and neither of us were ready to do it again. But this weekend all of that changed.

As I mentioned on Friday we celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary this weekend and we thought it would be the perfect time to take a night to ourselves. All week I was giddy with excitement. I was giddy about leaving town, spending the night away, getting Travis all to myself, eating out - all of those things. However, I will say that my excitement was interrupted for a few minutes when we first said our goodbyes to Morgan Kate. It was hard. Tough. There was this little lump in my throat that wouldn't go away and I found myself wanting to hold on to her. But, I knew she would have THE BEST time and I knew we would enjoy ourselves as well. And we did.

We ventured down to Charleston for the night and stayed at the Andrew Pinckney Inn. It was unbelievable. I was so impressed with this place. It was just absolutely perfect! If you ever stay there be sure to ask for room 220. You will not be disappointed!

(The top three windows and balcony were part of OUR room.)

We had this amazing room complete with a king size bed (which we are not accustomed to), jacuzzi, beautiful shutters and an even more beautiful view. Oh, and each morning there was a complimentary breakfast on the rooftop.

Saturday night after a day of fun on the beach and dinner and drinks at numerous restaurants we ventured back to our room, crawled into bed and watched the rain fall from our enormous window. It was so beautiful to watch the lightning flicker and the rain fall in front of the street light. Loved it!

Sunday after breakfast we left our little piece of heaven and spent the day walking through the market (which we have done like one billion times before) and eating brunch at Caroline's. Oh so yummy!

Then we made a mad dash back to my parent's house. After all, our true piece of heaven was waiting on us! And we couldn't wait to get back to her.


jan Kessler said...

Glad you guys had a good time. I know Morgan Kate, Kaky and Gator had a good time. Looks like Hunter had a good time too. Love you.

Aunt Jan

Melissa and Sam said...

So glad you had a great time! You deserved it! MK looked like she had a great time too! Look at that smile!!

Heather said...

It is so hard to leave them but so nice to get that greeting when you see them again. Your little suite was awesome and I am glad you enjoyed yourselves!

Kelly Lee said...

I am so glad ya'll had a wonderful time. MK was in the Best hands possible which makes it easier for you to relax and enjoy yourself.I'm still curious were you did dinner at???Love you lots!

MJP said...

Happy belated anniversary! I'm glad you had a great time-- you deserve it!

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time at an awesome place! Good for you!