Thursday, August 5, 2010

I laugh at and with Morgan Kate on a daily basis. Numerous times a day. But in the last few days she has had me in stitches. I'll share some of our experiences...

1. Morgan Kate has this headband with little ears on it. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be bunny ears, lamb ears or cat ears. Either way, she now adores it. She has had the headband for quite some time, but never really been that interested in it. Until now. I pulled it out last week while changing her diaper, hoping that it would distract her. Ever since then she's been all ears. She will run into our den, find the ears and put them on her head. She will just walk around the house for hours with these ears on. And while wearing them she totally hams it up. She dances, smiles really big, walks on her tip toes - she's quite the entertainer. I don't know why, but I just think it's the funniest thing. Especially when she wears them with just her diaper.


2. Not so sure how funny I think this next one is, but it made me laugh out loud when it happened. I'll share the conversation...
Me: Morgan Kate, do not throw your blocks.
Morgan Kate: (Smiling and softly throws another block)
Me: Do not do that again!
Morgan Kate: (Raising her hand to throw another)
Me: Morgan Kate, do you want a spanking? (I know, I know. I shouldn't have asked. Also thinking she wouldn't really understand.)
Morgan Kate: (Takes her little hands and pats her own bottom three or four times.)

Ah hah! She does understand!


3. Just tonight I realized that MK needed her diaper changed. Smelly! I wanted to see if she was aware that it needed to be changed. Some days she does, some days she doesn't. So I say, "MK, what's in your diaper?" and she responds so matter-of-factly, "Ummmm...poo poo!".


5 comments:

Justin and Jessica Jones said...

That is one smart girl you have there. Sounds like she has her mama's sense of humor! You should be a poo expert after your experience with that special friend when you were with me...surely you remember! hahahaha
Just so long as she is not doing it in 4th grade!!!!

Hollie Heming said...

She is a riot!! Love her!! And you too, of course :).

Kathy Hardison said...

Nothing like a good laugh and when MK laughs, it is the best sound. LY&MY

Anonymous said...

Such CUTE stories of MK! Meagan

Katie and Brad said...

I love the fact that she tapped her own bottom. I really LOLed that time. Thanks for the laugh Heather.