Monday, August 30, 2010

Morgan Kate, at two years old you are doing so many new and amazing things. Of course, I think anything you do is pretty amazing.

Just recently you have started telling us when you are ready to eat. You will run to your highchair, point and say over and over "Eat, eat, eat". Sometimes you will even say "Hunry". And just the other day you actually pushed your highchair across the kitchen because you were that ready.

You have started to really play pretend. You love to have tea parties and you love to take care of your baby. You feed her and hug her and cover her up. You even try to put diapers on her.

Just this past week you started calling me "Momma" instead of "Bah-bah". It was the sweetest sound I have ever heard. I love when you call me "Bah-bah", but when I hear you say "Momma" my heart just melts. It's a completely different feeling. You have also started calling me "Header". I'm not sure how I feel about it, but you think it's hilarious. You know exactly what you are doing!

You hate waking up in the mornings. At first you are super snuggly and then you are quite the little crab. Getting you dressed is by far the hardest thing about the morning!

One of your favorite things to do right now is drink from a big cup, with no lid or straw. It's quite messy, but you love it!

You still sleep really good at night and nap really good during the day. And I try not to talk or think about it too much because I really want it to continue.

Fruits are your absolute favorite food and pizza would be a close second. You will pretty much eat or at least try anything. A new favorite is edamame and boiled peanuts. You love them both!

Speaking of peanuts, we gave you peanut butter for the first time a few weeks ago and it was a huge success. No allergic reactions and you loved it! I've been taking advantage of this new food and you've been eating boiled peanuts, PBJs and crackers with peanut butter. It's great!

You really like milk, water and sweet tea. Of course, we don't give you lots of tea, but when we do you can't get enough. Oh, and you're still taking a night time bottle. But I don't care and you don't care and it works for us. And your daddy and I will give you one and rock you each night for as long as you like.

At the age of two you are staying with someone different during the day because mommy has gone back to work. You are doing so well! You love where you are at, you love "Wobbi" and you love all of your new friends. It makes your mommy's heart smile!

You are just talking all of the time and you have some serious conversations. The only problem? Sometimes we don't have a clue what you are saying! You can say so many words and names. Your favorite name is probably "Kaky". You call her all of the time. You've also learned some new names like "Wobbi" and "Drew" and "Kay".

And you still happen to be the light of our lives! We love you so much and each and every day you fill us with such joy and delight!

3 comments:

Kathy Hardison said...

I'm training her at a young age to call "Kaky" any time she wants to :) :)

Heather said...

I get called Header too. It is kind of cute but would much rather be called mommy.

Anonymous said...

This is my first time posting on your website but I have to tell you that God gave Morgan Kate to you especially because you are such A WONDERFUL MOTHER....and he knew that she would be loved and taken care of by you and your husband. I am inspired by your posts. Sending love to you all. Jo Ann