Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Bits of Randomness...


1.
Operation "No More Night Bottle" was a huge failure. And I must say it's all my fault. My Christmas break was supposed to be the time where we worked diligently to wean Morgan Kate from her night bottle. Instead, it turned into two weeks of fun, play, laughter, late bedtimes and sleeping in. After night one we didn't think twice about Operation "No More Night Bottle". It went straight out the window. We are currently working on Operation "Get MK Back Onto a Schedule". Ha! Seriously, Travis and I were both off for the past two weeks and we were living on vacation time. No clocks, no deadlines, no places to be. It was the life. But, we are paying for it now. After two weeks of no real bedtime, MK doesn't quite understand why she must go to bed at 8pm now. 






2. 
Morgan Kate is just changing so much everyday and her personality is showing through more and more. Don't get me wrong, she can throw fits with the best of them and she can whine like no other, but she is just THE sweetest thing 99.9% of the time. Really, she is. She gives THE biggest hugs and says, "Uh, uh, uh" while giving them - like she's squeezing us really hard. Her eyes just light up when Travis or I walk into a room and she will run to us. Melts my heart every single time. When I went to pick her up today, she ran to the door saying, "Momma, Momma" and just gave me the sweetest hug. If we give her extra fruit at dinner or M&Ms as a treat, she will look up and with the sweetest smile she will say, "Thay u, Momma" - like it's the best thing we have ever done.






3. 
Speaking of personality, she is learning how to play her cards as well. Over Christmas Travis and I would say, "Morgan Kate, are you Momma's girl or Daddy's girl?". She would look at me and say, "Daddy's gul" and then just laugh. When Travis would ask her, she would say "Momma's gul" and then laugh just as hard. A few days ago we were at my parents and I said, "MK, are you Kaky's girl, Gator's girl, Daddy's girl or Momma's girl?" She said, "Gaka's gul and Kaka's gul" - then looked at me with these big eyes and just hugged my neck and laughed. She so knows what she's doing...





4. 
We haven't had speech in almost a month now. Prior to today we were dealing with changes in therapists, changes in schedules and so forth. However, as of today, we are switching practices completely. Instead of taking her somewhere for speech, we will be served in-home. I will miss the girls from our "old place", but I will appreciate the flexibility in our schedule and I will be thankful for not having to drive across town and getting stuck in 5 o'clock "Malfunction Junction" traffic.


1 comment:

Liz said...

Morgan Kate is so freaking cute! I could just eat her up. My wish for 2011 (with lots of others) is for us to get our girls together and baby boy Nolly Polly! I love looking at all your pictures and I love reading your blog....another thing I hope to do in 2011.
Love,
Liz