Tuesday, August 9, 2011

You may remember that late last summer, just before school started back, I had really happy days and then really sad days. I thought going back to work this fall would be easier. And it has been in many ways. But, I still have my sad days. Today was one of those sad days. It's funny because it didn't start out to be one of those days. Morgan Kate and I started the day with a follow-up ENT appointment that went very well. Then a delicious lunch with Melissa and Caroline. It was shaping up to be a terrific day. And then it hit me. All of a sudden. Like a ton of bricks. At 2:00 this afternoon it occurred to me that I only had about a day and a half left of my summer. That's when I began to mope. And sulk. And when Travis came home I cried on his shoulder like a baby.

I know I sound ridiculous. I'll be the first to admit it. And it really doesn't make sense. I told Travis that I hate feeling like this. It makes me feel like a weirdo. I enjoy teaching. I really do. I love my school and I especially love my fifth grade team. I just hate endings. I hate saying goodbye to summer. I hate seeing my days of nothing but Morgan Kate end. August is overwhelming enough for me and then throw in my birthday, MK's birthday and the start of school and I tend to get a little emotional. I also get really overwhelmed thinking about balancing work, home, being a mommy, being a wife, being a good daughter, a good sister and a good friend. The list goes on and on. So, I cry, just like I did this afternoon. That and a little retail therapy usually make me feel like a brand new woman. Although my retail therapy this afternoon wasn't very therapeutic. Another thing that makes me smile and forget about all my worries? Watching these two...





Thank goodness for these two and their ability to make mommy smile again. Goodness, I love them!

No comments: