Monday, September 19, 2011

Today we celebrate my mom!
My mom is one of the most giving and caring people I know. And I'm not just saying that because she is my mom. She is. For real. She is especially giving and caring when it comes to her children and grandchildren. I have always known, for years and years and years, that her love for us is unconditional. I pray that my love for my children and grandchildren is just like hers. Endless.

She loves us even when our children are running around like crazy people screaming and whining at her birthday lunch. She loves us even when said older grandchild crawls under the lunch table and has a potty accident in the middle of her birthday lunch. Or the youngest grandchild pulls the safety alarm in the middle of her birthday lunch. She loves us even when after all of the running around, potty accidents and alarm pulling, her middle child has a sporadic nose bleed in the middle of her birthday lunch that requires attention from numerous lunch guests. She loves us even when her oldest, who is trying her best to learn this whole parent-child-discipline-thing, argues with her three year old about where she will and will not sit during the birthday lunch. She loves us when her youngest, who is also a parent in training, snoozes on the couch while his child clings to my her legs in the middle of her birthday lunch. And all the while there is a dog crying at the back door and another dog begging at her feet. Even still, she loves us. All of us. A whole lot.
Happy birthday, sweet Mommy! We love you. A whole lot.

1 comment:

Kathy Hardison said...

Thank you! You forgot about the security alarm going off :)