Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Before the holidays, my cousin and his wife (that sounds so formal to call them my cousin and his wife, they are so much more to me than that, more like additional siblings, anywho...) had an adoption fundraiser. Be sure to read here to learn more about that amazing story. One of their many, many (and I mean many) items they had for sale was this tall pine buffet/hutch type of furniture. I really have no clue what you call it, but at first look, I fell in love. I loved the look and I already had ideas swirling in my head. It was completely unfinished, no color, nothing, just pine (at least I think it was pine). Anyway, we purchased it, brought it home and it sat in our garage for months and held Christmas decorations and cases of Diet Coke. I had ideas, but those ideas had to marinate and really form a picture in my mind before I would do anything. 

Fast forward to about two weeks ago. My parents gave us a duvet cover one year for Christmas and I love the colors, very soft, neutral and relaxing. I knew that I wanted the buffet/hutch thing to take on one of those colors and I knew I wanted it to go in our bedroom. So, I did what any person would do. I took our pillow sham to Lowe's and held up about thirty different paint swatches before I found the most perfect one. That's what people do, right?!? After a coat of primer, two coats of paint and some new hardware, I present to you one of my new favorite pieces...
I am in love. I could just in my bedroom all day and admire this beautiful piece. 
My hubby did all of the work, I only touched up a few places, and I'm so proud of him. He does a great job with everything, so I knew he could totally handle this and not disappoint. 
We found these great little glass knobs at Lowe's as well. I love that place. I found that little chalkboard when we were out this weekend, but I can't decide if I like it there or not. Still thinking.
Now that that's finished, I can start a new project. Hee, hee...

1 comment:

Kathy Hardison said...

Love it and love the knobs. Great job. Can't wait to see it in person. LY&MY