Sunday, January 29, 2012

If you asked me, I'd tell you I had a really good weekend. A weekend full of family.


If you asked me, I'd tell you that today I let my child sleep late and did not let her nap in hopes for a smooth bedtime.


If you asked me, I'd tell you that lately, I absolutely dread bedtime.


If you asked me, I'd tell you that sometimes I feel like the - Worst.Mom.Ever.


If you asked me, I'd tell you that seeing Morgan Kate in her dance "gear" puts the biggest smile on my face.


If you asked me, I'd tell you that watching Morgan Kate and knowing that she is a part of me and a part of Travis overwhelms my heart. In a good way.


If you asked me, I'd tell you that the weekends go by entirely too fast. 


If you asked me, I'd tell you that the "threes" are way harder than the "twos." Twos were easy, breezy. This three stuff is no joke. 


If you asked me, I'd tell you that I want so badly to learn how to get it all done.


If you asked me, I'd tell you that I really, really, really want a Mac laptop. Really bad. Just so I can blog in bed.


If you asked me, I'd tell you that tonight I purchased a sound machine in hopes to make bedtime easier. At bedtime Morgan Kate told me to turn it off. I didn't.


If you asked me, I'd tell you that I get giddy thinking about my morning cup of coffee. 


If you asked me, I'd tell you that I am afraid of a lot of things. Some silly, some not so silly.


If you asked me, I'd tell you that my hubby makes me smile. Big.


If you asked me, I'd tell you that I got this "if you asked me" idea from another blog.


If you asked me, I'd tell you that for the past ten minutes my daughter has been soundly sleeping in the room right across the hall. So far - no tears, no screaming, just the sound of rain (from the machine she wanted me to turn off, but I didn't).


If you asked me, I'd tell you I have lots to do to prepare for Monday morning. Ugh.

4 comments:

Kathy Hardison said...

One thing at a time and for this moment be grateful for the 10 minutes of no screaming at bed tim. I really think the no nap or a short rest is going to be the key. Hang in there! If you asked me, I would say you are an awesome mommy and daughter! LY&MY already!

Kimberly (Anthony's Mom) said...

Sound machines are awesome. The kids each have one and so do Larry and I. I feel i sleep much deeper now. Also yeah, 3 does suck.... and 4 isn't much better! However, I am told 5 is easier. I'm wondering if thats because they are in school most of the day? lol But thats why they are so cute and say such funny things, to make up for the nasty attitudes. =-)

Elizabeth said...

Oh I might need to know more about this sound machine....once Addison is off the oxygen, I think we'll need to get one....

Kelly Lee said...

I'm with your mom...if you ask me I think you're one AMAZING mom!And cousin and friend. Love you!! Hope bed time gets easier each night. Sounds like she takes after half the family and is a night owl:)