Tuesday, January 24, 2012

This past weekend my parents came in to town for a few hours and we met them for a play date at the mall. It worked out perfectly because there is this great little play area, there's a food court with endless options and there's Build-A-Bear.
My mom had the most terrific idea to have Morgan Kate make a "bedtime bear" to help with her bedtime issues. Hunter came along and he too got to make a bear or rather a monkey. My mom even got in on the action and made a puppy. I'm not sure who had more fun!

I'll be honest. We've walked by Build-A-Bear probably a million times, maybe more, and we've never stopped. It's crossed my mind a time or two, I mean who can resist those adorable stuffed animals, but one look into that place and all of that chaos completely turned me the other way.
My mind has changed though. Saturday I learned that it really is pretty cool "chaos". Yes, there is lots going on. Yes, there are lots of options. Yes, there are lots of small children. But, it's so much fun. I really wish now that I would have made one. Ha! Morgan Kate was really into making her bear and I was just as into as she was. We had the best time picking out the bear, stuffing the bear, adding the heart and then picking out just the right clothes. Of course our bedtime bear needed bedtime clothes - PJs. I am so thankful my mom thought of this. MK named her bear Sassy. Surprise, surprise?!? 
Each of the different stops was so child friendly. I think MK had the most fun stuffing the bear. Hunter, on the other hand, was scared to death. He was more interested in banging on the computers where you register your bear.
After some play and time building our bears we headed to the food court area for lunch. However, it wasn't long before the two little ones were ready to play again.
I'm happy to report that Sassy has slept with Morgan Kate every night (and nap) since Saturday morning. I'm a little sad to report that the crying only stopped for the very first night. Regardless of the bedtime issues, it was such a fun Saturday, but then, any day spent with my family is a fun day for me. 

No comments: